How to access a remote PostgreSQL db

Nicola Mingotti
Hi,

I would like to know if there is a package let me access a PostgresSQL db on a remote computer.

PGSqueak ? [ I can't find the code]

I don't need to do complex stuff, just run a SELECT and retrieve some rows.

I am exploring the possibility of using Squeak to make a GUI and keep under control a solar power plant.

bye
Nicola

cbc

Re: How to access a remote PostgreSQL db

cbc
Hi Nicola,

This should get you a package to handle PostgresSQL:

MCMcmUpdater updateFromRepository: 'http://squeaksource.com/PostgresV3'.

I am not a Postgres user (and so haven't verified this), but other folks on squeak dev who are say this is the way to get the package loaded.

Thanks,
cbc

On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 8:39 AM Nicola Mingotti <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I would like to know if there is a package let me access a PostgresSQL db on a remote computer.

PGSqueak ? [ I can't find the code]

I don't need to do complex stuff, just run a SELECT and retrieve some rows.

I am exploring the possibility of using Squeak to make a GUI and keep under control a solar power plant.

bye
Nicola

Re: How to access a remote PostgreSQL db

Nicola Mingotti

Hi Chris,

I tried, it works as expected, I can SELECT from a remote Postgres db with username and password.

thank you !

bye
Nicola

tty

Re: How to access a remote PostgreSQL db

tty
Hi Nicola

I use PostgresV3 a lot and enjoy it.

MCHttpRepository
    location: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/PostgresV3'
    user: 'tty'
    password: ''

If you browse the repo from Monticello , you will see an 'update...mcz' .
Browse it and it will show you what to install.

If you install the PostgresV3-Help first and look at 'Overview' and
'Standard Usage Pattern' its pretty intuitive to use.

hth.

tty

--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Squeak-Beginners-f107673.html