How to add packages to SqueakMap

Chris Cunnington
Hi Jin-oh,

Hmm.. what to say.

1. SqueakMap is old and most people use http://www.squeaksource.com with Monticello.

2. It's an orphan because the person who built it has gone to Pharo.

3. Having said that, try this http://76.74.255.163:8080

It's a replacement for the SqueakMap server I've had on the back burner. Give it a try.
I'm pretty sure it'll crash, but you could help by telling me what happens when you use it.

That's all I can suggest,
Chris

Re: How to add packages to SqueakMap

강진오
I found that I couldn't register to http://76.74.255.163:8080. My account is registered but I can't login! It says It will confirm me immediately but I didn't receive such a mail!
Anyway, I can't register a project without the administrator's acception.

2012/2/23 Chris Cunnington <[hidden email]>
Hi Jin-oh,

Hmm.. what to say.

1. SqueakMap is old and most people use http://www.squeaksource.com with Monticello.

2. It's an orphan because the person who built it has gone to Pharo.

3. Having said that, try this http://76.74.255.163:8080

It's a replacement for the SqueakMap server I've had on the back burner. Give it a try.
I'm pretty sure it'll crash, but you could help by telling me what happens when you use it.

That's all I can suggest,
Chris

Re: How to add packages to SqueakMap

강진오
I connected to http://76.74.255.163:8080/storeString and It crashed.
It seems that the server is run by squeak

2012/2/23 Chris Cunnington <[hidden email]>
Hi Jin-oh,

Hmm.. what to say.

1. SqueakMap is old and most people use http://www.squeaksource.com with Monticello.

2. It's an orphan because the person who built it has gone to Pharo.

3. Having said that, try this http://76.74.255.163:8080

It's a replacement for the SqueakMap server I've had on the back burner. Give it a try.
I'm pretty sure it'll crash, but you could help by telling me what happens when you use it.

That's all I can suggest,
Chris

Re: How to add packages to SqueakMap

Frank Shearar-3
On 23 February 2012 08:41, 강진오 <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thank you, but I thought SqueakMap is more convenient then SqueakSource.
> SqueakMap works 100% in Squeak, but SqueakSource, which the most users use,
> have to get the administrator's acception and have to search the web
> browser...

Well, adding a new repository requires using your browser. But
uploading new versions of your package, or downloading packages, you
do from within your image.

frank

> 2012/2/23 Chris Cunnington <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Hi Jin-oh,
>>
>> Hmm.. what to say.
>>
>> 1. SqueakMap is old and most people use http://www.squeaksource.com with
>> Monticello.
>>
>> 2. It's an orphan because the person who built it has gone to Pharo.
>>
>> 3. Having said that, try this http://76.74.255.163:8080
>>
>> It's a replacement for the SqueakMap server I've had on the back burner.
>> Give it a try.
>> I'm pretty sure it'll crash, but you could help by telling me what happens
>> when you use it.
>>
>> That's all I can suggest,
>> Chris

Re: How to add packages to SqueakMap

Göran Krampe
On 02/23/2012 07:03 AM, Chris Cunnington wrote:
> Hi Jin-oh,
>
> Hmm.. what to say.
>
> 1. SqueakMap is old and most people use http://www.squeaksource.com with Monticello.

SM is indeed old, but it still works.

> 2. It's an orphan because the person who built it has gone to Pharo.

Not really true. Yes, I (the author of SM) am using Pharo for my current
two private projects - but that doesn't mean I am "gone" nor that I
don't care for SM anymore. At the same time, I am not spending much time
on SM.

Now, Nicolas and I are working on SmalltalkHub which I think could
replace both SS and SM and end up *really* cool. Nicolas has done a
fantastic job so far.

But more on that in another post. :)

regards, Göran

Re: How to add packages to SqueakMap

강진오
Found that http://source.squeak.org/ is newest, because it is newest. It doesn't have many packages.
and I changed MCHttpRepository class>>creationTemplate to:
creationTemplate
 ^self creationTemplateLocation: 'http://source.squeak.com/ProjectName'
  user: 'KJO'
  password: '******'

2012/2/24 Göran Krampe <[hidden email]>
On 02/23/2012 07:03 AM, Chris Cunnington wrote:
Hi Jin-oh,

Hmm.. what to say.

1. SqueakMap is old and most people use http://www.squeaksource.com with Monticello.

SM is indeed old, but it still works.

2. It's an orphan because the person who built it has gone to Pharo.

Not really true. Yes, I (the author of SM) am using Pharo for my current two private projects - but that doesn't mean I am "gone" nor that I don't care for SM anymore. At the same time, I am not spending much time on SM.

Now, Nicolas and I are working on SmalltalkHub which I think could replace both SS and SM and end up *really* cool. Nicolas has done a fantastic job so far.

But more on that in another post. :)

regards, Göran

Re: How to add packages to SqueakMap

Karl Ramberg

2012/2/24 Göran Krampe <[hidden email]>
On 02/23/2012 07:03 AM, Chris Cunnington wrote:
Hi Jin-oh,

Hmm.. what to say.

1. SqueakMap is old and most people use http://www.squeaksource.com with Monticello.

SM is indeed old, but it still works.

2. It's an orphan because the person who built it has gone to Pharo.

Not really true. Yes, I (the author of SM) am using Pharo for my current two private projects - but that doesn't mean I am "gone" nor that I don't care for SM anymore. At the same time, I am not spending much time on SM.

Now, Nicolas and I are working on SmalltalkHub which I think could replace both SS and SM and end up *really* cool. Nicolas has done a fantastic job so far.

But more on that in another post. :)

regards, Göran

Any news on SmalltalkHub ?
The project looks like a nice extension of SqueakSource and SqueakMap.

Karl

On 03/06/2012 11:25 AM, karl ramberg wrote:
> Any news on SmalltalkHub ?
> The project looks like a nice extension of SqueakSource and SqueakMap.

Yes, SmalltalkHub is moving forward and I dare say it is not merely an
"extension" but in fact a super set of SS. I do think we could also make
it a super set of SM if we wanted to.

regards, Göran