How to download a patched file?

Eliot Miranda-2
Hi GitHub mavens,

     how does one download a specific patched file from GitHub?  I want to test Pablo's fix here:

I don't want to go through "View File", or clone, or anything else.  I just want the file itself.  How do I get it?

_,,,^..^,,,_
best, Eliot

Re: [Pharo-dev] How to download a patched file?

Eliot Miranda-2
Hi Gabriel,

On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 1:15 PM Gabriel Cotelli <[hidden email]> wrote:

great.  This works (provided one selects "Page Source").  But how did you get to that link?

--
_,,,^..^,,,_
best, Eliot

Re: [Pharo-dev] How to download a patched file?

Max Leske
Hi Eliot,

On 21 Mar 2019, at 21:00, Eliot Miranda wrote:

> Hi GitHub mavens,
>
>      how does one download a specific patched file from GitHub?  I
> want to
> test Pablo's fix here:
>
> https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/pull/381
> platforms/iOS/vm/OSX/sqSqueakOSXOpenGLView.m
> <https://github.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/pull/381/files#diff-0>
>
> I don't want to go through "View File", or clone, or anything else.  I
> just
> want the file itself.  How do I get it?

You'll have to know the commit hash, then you can grap it by path:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/OpenSmalltalk/opensmalltalk-vm/1a09bae4372b02d06411922f0e396b49ceaf31f2/platforms/iOS/vm/OSX/sqSqueakOSXOpenGLView.m

AFAIK, there's no direct way to get to the file directly from the diff
view.

Max