How to empty a collection?

123

Re: How to empty a collection?

JeffreyStraszheim
Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> Well, of course you're not *supposed* to be doing this. But you could,
> and it would only be half-evil ;)
It wouldn't be evil at all.  This is Smalltalk, not Ada!!

But seriously, it seems a major oversight that such a basic task isn't
in the standard protocol.  The language has been around a while, someone
else must have wanted to empty a collection.

--
Jeffrey Straszheim
http://straszheim.50megs.com

RE: How to empty a collection?

Ramon Leon-5
> > Well, of course you're not *supposed* to be doing this. But
> you could,
> > and it would only be half-evil ;)
> It wouldn't be evil at all.  This is Smalltalk, not Ada!!
>
> But seriously, it seems a major oversight that such a basic
> task isn't in the standard protocol.  The language has been
> around a while, someone else must have wanted to empty a collection.
>
> --
> Jeffrey Straszheim
> http://straszheim.50megs.com

It not being standardized just means there's no consensus to the *right* way
to do it.  I'd bet many of us have our own versions of #removeAll in our
images, I know I do.

Ramon Leon
http://onsmalltalk.com

123