How to export/import painting from one Etoys project to another?

How to export/import painting from one Etoys project to another?

Louis LaBrunda
Hi All,

I have an image or painting in an Etoys project that I would like to use in
another project.  How do I export it from one project so I can import it to
another project?

Lou

P.S.  Sorry if this gets posted to more than new group.  I am having
trouble posting to the squeakland list.

Re: How to export/import painting from one Etoys project to another?

Bert Freudenberg

On 20.09.2010, at 22:32, Louis LaBrunda wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have an image or painting in an Etoys project that I would like to use in
> another project.  How do I export it from one project so I can import it to
> another project?

A good way to move objects between projects is using a "shared flap". Create a flap and enable "shared by all projects" from the flap tab's halo menu. Then drop your object into the flap, switch projects, drag it out again.

You can also use any shared flap you already have. E.g., drop your object into the "supplies" flap.

- Bert -

Re: How to export/import painting from one Etoys project to another?

K K Subbu
On Tuesday 21 Sep 2010 2:02:25 am Louis LaBrunda wrote:
> I have an image or painting in an Etoys project that I would like to use in
> another project.  How do I export it from one project so I can import it to
> another project?
The easiest way is to do is to bring up a halo, do COPY (CTRL-C?) and then do
a PASTE (CTRL-V?) in the target project but this may not work reliably on all
platforms. If this doesn't work for you, you can transfer it via Supplies flap
as Bert pointed out.

BTW, think of Etoys as peering into a theatre consisting of a play (project)
on a stage (presenter), green rooms (sketch editor), main control room
(toolbar flap) and prop rooms (flaps). When you switch projects, you are
changing the play on the stage but the rooms (flaps) stay the same. When you
select "make a painting" you are in essence applying make-up to an object. The
painting itself is just a visual handle for manipulating the object.

Subbu