How to get vertical labels with Roassal?

How to get vertical labels with Roassal?

MartinW
Hi,
i could not find a way to get vertical labels in a Roassal visualization. Is there a way? Or a general way to rotate elements? See attached image.

I also asked this on Stackoverflow (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18416989/how-to-get-vertical-labels-with-roassal), but as there was no answer i repost it here .

M.

Re: How to get vertical labels with Roassal?

Juraj Kubelka-5
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: How to get vertical labels with Roassal?

Tudor Girba-2
Indeed, there is no support yet, but at least in Athens, this should be easy to implement, right?

Doru

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 3:31 PM, Juraj Kubelka <[hidden email]> wrote:
As I know there is no support for rotation.

Jura

El 28-08-2013, a las 5:46, MartinW <[hidden email]> escribió:

> Hi,
> i could not find a way to get vertical labels in a Roassal visualization. Is
> there a way? Or a general way to rotate elements? See attached image.
>
> I also asked this on Stackoverflow
> (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18416989/how-to-get-vertical-labels-with-roassal),
> but as there was no answer i repost it here .
>
> <http://forum.world.st/file/n4705387/vertical_labels.png>
> M.

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: How to get vertical labels with Roassal?

abergel
Hi Martin,

Sorry for the late reply.

Currently, Roassal does not support such a feature. However you can get something close to.

| view |
view := ROView new.
-15 to: 10 do: [ :i |
view add: ((ROLabel verticalText interlineSpace: i) elementOn: 'hello world').
].
ROHorizontalLineLayout on: view elements.
view open

In Roassal 1.422

Cheers,
Alexandre

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: How to get vertical labels with Roassal?

abergel
On a different topic, I have seen you have used a DSM on your example. Is it something you are working on?
Juraj has started to work on it. He has produced a new builder at the top of Roassal.

Consider:

| view builder |
view := ROView new.
builder := RODependencyMatrixBuilder new.
builder model:  (Array with: true with: false).
builder dependencyBoolean: #xor:.
builder gapSize: 0.

builder on: view.
view open

Another example:
| view builder objects |
objects := ROShape withAllSubclasses.
view := ROView new.
view @ RODraggable.

builder := RODependencyMatrixBuilder new.
builder model: objects.
" builder noVerticalShape."
builder dependency: #superclass.
builder gapSize: 0.
builder on: view.
view open

If you are working on something similar, it would be great to join forces...

how to load Juraj's code:
Gofer new
    smalltalkhubUser: 'JurajKubelka' project: 'RoassalProposals';
    package: 'RoassalGraphBuilders';
    load.
(Smalltalk globals at: #RODependencyMatrixBuilderTest) browse.

Look at the ROMatrixExample class

Cheers,
Alexandre

On Aug 28, 2013, at 5:46 AM, MartinW <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,
i could not find a way to get vertical labels in a Roassal visualization. Is
there a way? Or a general way to rotate elements? See attached image.

I also asked this on Stackoverflow
(http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18416989/how-to-get-vertical-labels-with-roassal),
but as there was no answer i repost it here .

<http://forum.world.st/file/n4705387/vertical_labels.png>
M.

Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu

Re: How to get vertical labels with Roassal?

Tudor Girba-2
Hi,

As you know, I like this effort.

However, I would want to see more cohesion with the rest of Moose. In particular, you seem to build a DSM algorithm from scratch. However, one already exists in Moose-Dsm-Core. Perhaps the existing implementation needs improvement, but the idea is that the algorithm should be reusable outside of the visualization. It would be great to build on each other's works.

Cheers,
Doru

On Sep 1, 2013, at 6:08 PM, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On a different topic, I have seen you have used a DSM on your example. Is it something you are working on?
> Juraj has started to work on it. He has produced a new builder at the top of Roassal.
>
> Consider:
>
> | view builder |
> view := ROView new.
> builder := RODependencyMatrixBuilder new.
> builder model:  (Array with: true with: false).
> builder dependencyBoolean: #xor:.
> builder gapSize: 0.
>
> builder on: view.
> view open
>
> <Screen Shot 2013-09-01 at 12.04.56 PM.png>
>
> Another example:
> | view builder objects |
> objects := ROShape withAllSubclasses.
> view := ROView new.
> view @ RODraggable.
>
> builder := RODependencyMatrixBuilder new.
> builder model: objects.
> " builder noVerticalShape."
> builder dependency: #superclass.
> builder gapSize: 0.
> builder on: view.
> view open
> <Screen Shot 2013-09-01 at 12.06.55 PM.png>
>
> If you are working on something similar, it would be great to join forces...
>
> how to load Juraj's code:
> Gofer new
>     smalltalkhubUser: 'JurajKubelka' project: 'RoassalProposals';
>     package: 'RoassalGraphBuilders';
>     load.
> (Smalltalk globals at: #RODependencyMatrixBuilderTest) browse.
>
> Look at the ROMatrixExample class
>
> Cheers,
> Alexandre
>
> On Aug 28, 2013, at 5:46 AM, MartinW <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> i could not find a way to get vertical labels in a Roassal visualization. Is
>> there a way? Or a general way to rotate elements? See attached image.
>>
>> I also asked this on Stackoverflow
>> (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18416989/how-to-get-vertical-labels-with-roassal),
>> but as there was no answer i repost it here .
>>
>> <http://forum.world.st/file/n4705387/vertical_labels.png>
>> M.
>>

>> --

www.tudorgirba.com

"Every successful trip needs a suitable vehicle."

Thank you. I was indeed looking for a possibility to draw a DSM with Roassal. Juraj's work looks very nice. I experimented to visualize the relationship between Test Cases and their respective Methods Under Test (using your Spy framework btw.).
Martin.

Re: How to get vertical labels with Roassal?

Tudor Girba-2
Great. Do you already have working examples?

Let's try to coordinate and work together :).

Doru

On Sun, Sep 1, 2013 at 9:45 PM, MartinW <[hidden email]> wrote:
abergel wrote
> On a different topic, I have seen you have used a DSM on your example. Is
> it something you are working on?
> Juraj has started to work on it. He has produced a new builder at the top
> of Roassal.

Thank you. I was indeed looking for a possibility to draw a DSM with
Roassal. Juraj's work looks very nice. I experimented to visualize the
relationship between Test Cases and their respective Methods Under Test
(using your Spy framework btw.).
Martin.

"Every thing has its own flow"

Re: How to get vertical labels with Roassal?

abergel
Excellent!
Will you be at esug ?

Alexandre

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: How to get vertical labels with Roassal?

Tudor Girba-2
Hi Juraj,

It was not a criticism, but more of an encouragement :).

Here is what I mean:
Right now, we have a project that is exclusively dedicated to algorithms: Moose-Algos. It is small, and these algorithms can be easily used without anything else. In your case, RODependencyMatrixBuilder is packaged together with Roassal-specific code and it requires Roassal. So, the algorithm will not be used without Roassal.

We should take care of this issue from the start, and package the algorithm separately.

Cheers,
Doru

On Sep 2, 2013, at 5:55 AM, Juraj Kubelka <[hidden email]> wrote:

> How do you mean the cohesion? The mentioned RODependencyMatrixBuilder is intended to be a general framework for matrixes. Then it can be used to, for example, improvements of Moose-Dsm. Or is there something I missed? Thanks.
>
> Cheers,
> Jura
>
> El 01-09-2013, a las 15:15, Tudor Girba <[hidden email]> escribió:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> As you know, I like this effort.
>>
>> However, I would want to see more cohesion with the rest of Moose. In particular, you seem to build a DSM algorithm from scratch. However, one already exists in Moose-Dsm-Core. Perhaps the existing implementation needs improvement, but the idea is that the algorithm should be reusable outside of the visualization. It would be great to build on each other's works.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
>>

>> On Sep 1, 2013, at 6:08 PM, Alexandre Bergel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> On a different topic, I have seen you have used a DSM on your example. Is it something you are working on?
>>> Juraj has started to work on it. He has produced a new builder at the top of Roassal.
>>>
>>> Consider:
>>>
>>> | view builder |
>>> view := ROView new.
>>> builder := RODependencyMatrixBuilder new.
>>> builder model:  (Array with: true with: false).
>>> builder dependencyBoolean: #xor:.
>>> builder gapSize: 0.
>>>
>>> builder on: view.
>>> view open
>>>
>>> <Screen Shot 2013-09-01 at 12.04.56 PM.png>
>>>
>>> Another example:
>>> | view builder objects |
>>> objects := ROShape withAllSubclasses.
>>> view := ROView new.
>>> view @ RODraggable.
>>>
>>> builder := RODependencyMatrixBuilder new.
>>> builder model: objects.
>>> " builder noVerticalShape."
>>> builder dependency: #superclass.
>>> builder gapSize: 0.
>>> builder on: view.
>>> view open
>>> <Screen Shot 2013-09-01 at 12.06.55 PM.png>
>>>
>>> If you are working on something similar, it would be great to join forces...
>>>
>>> how to load Juraj's code:
>>> Gofer new
>>>   smalltalkhubUser: 'JurajKubelka' project: 'RoassalProposals';
>>>   package: 'RoassalGraphBuilders';
>>>   load.
>>> (Smalltalk globals at: #RODependencyMatrixBuilderTest) browse.
>>>
>>> Look at the ROMatrixExample class
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Alexandre

>>> --
>>> _,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:
>>> Alexandre Bergel  http://www.bergel.eu
>>> ^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;._,.;:~^~:;.

>> --
>> www.tudorgirba.com
>>
>> "Every successful trip needs a suitable vehicle."

www.tudorgirba.com

"Some battles are better lost than fought."

Re: How to get vertical labels with Roassal?

On Sep 2, 2013, at 5:55 AM, Juraj Kubelka <[hidden email]> wrote:

> How do you mean the cohesion? The mentioned RODependencyMatrixBuilder is intended to be a general framework for matrixes. Then it can be used to, for example, improvements of Moose-Dsm. Or is there something I missed? Thanks.

What doru wants to say is that it is not wise that every project redefines its own algo.
Why not improving or packaging the dependencyBuilder in DSM instead of under RO
and I agree with him.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: How to get vertical labels with Roassal?

Tudor Girba-2
Great.

But, I suggest that you keep an eye on a different approach, too: take a look at what exists now and see if you cannot already reuse or build on it :)

Doru

On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 9:44 PM, Juraj Kubelka <[hidden email]> wrote:
OK, I think I understand, when it is mature enough, I will follow this discussion. At first I want to proof the concept and when I now it is worth do keep it, I will ask community how to integrate it into Moose-Dsm.

Cheers,
Jura

On Sep 3, 2013, at 9:44 PM, Juraj Kubelka <[hidden email]> wrote:

> OK, I think I understand, when it is mature enough, I will follow this discussion. At first I want to proof the concept and when I now it is worth do keep it, I will ask community how to integrate it into Moose-Dsm.

ok but did you look into Moose-DSM because it was the second rewrite at least.

CONTENTS DELETED