How to invoke the Flaps Window?

Conrad Taylor
Hi, I was wondering, where can I find and load the useful development
tools for Squeak?  I have downloaded the squeak-web-118.zip but it
appears to be disabled the following in this image:

Navigator
Stack Tools
Supplies
Widgets
Objects

I looked in my first image, working.image, and these controls are in
the Flaps Window?  Thus, where/how do I locate it?

Thanks in advance,

-Conrad

Re: How to invoke the Flaps Window?

Tapple Gao
On Sun, Jul 08, 2007 at 05:19:22PM -0700, Conrad Taylor wrote:

> Hi, I was wondering, where can I find and load the useful development
> tools for Squeak?  I have downloaded the squeak-web-118.zip but it
> appears to be disabled the following in this image:
>
> Navigator
> Stack Tools
> Supplies
> Widgets
> Objects
>
> I looked in my first image, working.image, and these controls are in
> the Flaps Window?  Thus, where/how do I locate it?

World Menu -> flaps...

> Thanks in advance,
>
> -Conrad

Re: How to invoke the Flaps Window?

Bert Freudenberg
On Jul 9, 2007, at 8:06 , Matthew Fulmer wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 08, 2007 at 05:19:22PM -0700, Conrad Taylor wrote:
>> Hi, I was wondering, where can I find and load the useful development
>> tools for Squeak?  I have downloaded the squeak-web-118.zip but it
>> appears to be disabled the following in this image:
>>
>> Navigator
>> Stack Tools
>> Supplies
>> Widgets
>> Objects
>>
>> I looked in my first image, working.image, and these controls are in
>> the Flaps Window?  Thus, where/how do I locate it?
>
> World Menu -> flaps...

Note that using these flaps is most useful for etoys-related
activities. Whereas the squeak-web image is tuned for web application
development. Those two don't match too well.

So depending on what you want to do, you might want to start with
another image.

- Bert -

Re: How to invoke the Flaps Window?

Conrad Taylor
Hi Bert, thanks for the information because I'm going through document
after document and I'm not sure what needed for web development.  The
only thing that I know is that it was missing from the image without
the reason why.  In any case, I guess that I'm good to go with
Seaside.

Thanks again,

-Conrad