How to keep up-to-date

Jens Pall
Hi

What is the best way to keep up-to-date with the latest development in
croquet? Using Monticello, I tried KidsFirst but the code I have in my
image (a recent download from the Collaborative) is newer than to code
there and Hedgehog didn't respond.

One other question: Do the Collaborative and the Consortium keep their
own separate code repositories or are they working together on the base
code?

Thanks,
JP

Re: How to keep up-to-date

Andreas.Raab
The primary repository is at hedgehog.software.umn.edu - unfortunately,
it went down yesterday and still isn't up again (Mark is looking into
it). It is the place where you should go to find stable released versions.

Cheers,
   - Andreas

Jens Pall wrote:

> Hi
>
> What is the best way to keep up-to-date with the latest development in
> croquet? Using Monticello, I tried KidsFirst but the code I have in my
> image (a recent download from the Collaborative) is newer than to code
> there and Hedgehog didn't respond.
>
> One other question: Do the Collaborative and the Consortium keep their
> own separate code repositories or are they working together on the base
> code?
>
> Thanks,
> JP

Re: How to keep up-to-date

Mark P. McCahill
Its back up now - finally. There was an interesting problem with
SqueakSource not wanting to recover from the sort of crash it had -
but that is fixed now.

On Feb 1, 2007, at 1:11 PM, Andreas Raab wrote:

> The primary repository is at hedgehog.software.umn.edu -
> unfortunately, it went down yesterday and still isn't up again
> (Mark is looking into it). It is the place where you should go to
> find stable released versions.
>
> Cheers,
>   - Andreas
>
> Jens Pall wrote:
>> Hi
>> What is the best way to keep up-to-date with the latest
>> development in croquet? Using Monticello, I tried KidsFirst but
>> the code I have in my image (a recent download from the
>> Collaborative) is newer than to code there and Hedgehog didn't
>> respond.
>> One other question: Do the Collaborative and the Consortium keep
>> their own separate code repositories or are they working together
>> on the base code?
>> Thanks,
>> JP

Re: How to keep up-to-date

Howard Stearns
> Jens Pall wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I tried KidsFirst but the code I have in my
>> image (a recent download from the Collaborative) is newer than to code
>> there ...

It looks like it's newer than the repository, but it isn't in any
serious way.  Go ahead and update from the repository.

In detail: the Collaborative download has:

* Islands-ar.40 from the repository, plus a changeset to address address
http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=5709. But this code is identical to
Islands-ar.41 now in the repository. So updating from the repository
won't really change anything in this case.

* A changeset for http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=5892 that goes over
the top of a package that is already the lastest in the repository. This
won't effect anything except your SqueakDebug.log stackdump. You don't
need it unless you're trying to debug an unattended router.

* A changeset for http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=5797 that also goes
over the top of a package that is already the latest in the repository.
  Also not critical unless you are providing your own continuity server
(beServer facet turned on) for a long lived world.

Re: How to keep up-to-date

Andreas.Raab
Indeed it's looking good!

Cheers,
   - Andreas

Mark P. McCahill wrote:

> Its back up now - finally. There was an interesting problem with
> SqueakSource not wanting to recover from the sort of crash it had - but
> that is fixed now.
>

> On Feb 1, 2007, at 1:11 PM, Andreas Raab wrote:
>
>> The primary repository is at hedgehog.software.umn.edu -
>> unfortunately, it went down yesterday and still isn't up again (Mark
>> is looking into it). It is the place where you should go to find
>> stable released versions.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>   - Andreas
>>
>> Jens Pall wrote:
>>> Hi
>>> What is the best way to keep up-to-date with the latest development
>>> in croquet? Using Monticello, I tried KidsFirst but the code I have
>>> in my image (a recent download from the Collaborative) is newer than
>>> to code there and Hedgehog didn't respond.
>>> One other question: Do the Collaborative and the Consortium keep
>>> their own separate code repositories or are they working together on
>>> the base code?
>>> Thanks,
>>> JP

Re: How to keep up-to-date

Jens Pall
Howard Stearns wrote:

>> Jens Pall wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I tried KidsFirst but the code I have in my image (a recent download
>>> from the Collaborative) is newer than to code there ...
>
> It looks like it's newer than the repository, but it isn't in any
> serious way.  Go ahead and update from the repository.
>
> In detail: the Collaborative download has:
>
> * Islands-ar.40 from the repository, plus a changeset to address address
> http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=5709. But this code is identical to
> Islands-ar.41 now in the repository. So updating from the repository
> won't really change anything in this case.
>
> * A changeset for http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=5892 that goes over
> the top of a package that is already the lastest in the repository. This
> won't effect anything except your SqueakDebug.log stackdump. You don't
> need it unless you're trying to debug an unattended router.
>
> * A changeset for http://bugs.impara.de/view.php?id=5797 that also goes
> over the top of a package that is already the latest in the repository.
>  Also not critical unless you are providing your own continuity server
> (beServer facet turned on) for a long lived world.

All updated now :)

Thanks, Howard.

JP