How to move the X in Squeak windows to the right side?

How to move the X in Squeak windows to the right side?

askoh
Administrator
Squeak windows has the X to close window button on the left side, which is opposite of Windows OS. How can I switch the X to the right side?

Thanks,
Aik-Siong Koh

Re: [squeak-dev] How to move the X in Squeak windows to the right side?

Michael van der Gulik-2

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 3:58 PM, askoh <[hidden email]> wrote:

Squeak windows has the X to close window button on the left side, which is
opposite of Windows OS. How can I switch the X to the right side?

You would need to modify code in SystemWindow>>initializeLabelArea. Note that you'll probably damage your image if you accidently add bad code there.

Alternatively, you could get used to the close button being on the left side. If something is different, it does not mean it is wrong.

Gulik.

--
http://people.squeakfoundation.org/person/mikevdg
http://gulik.pbwiki.com/

Re: [squeak-dev] How to move the X in Squeak windows to the right side?

askoh
Administrator
I am suggesting that there should be a preference setting to set the X on the right or left. How can I suggest this to the Squeak team?

Aik-Siong Koh

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 4:49 PM, askoh <[hidden email]> wrote:

I am suggesting that there should be a preference setting to set the X on the
right or left. How can I suggest this to the Squeak team?

You would write code that implements this functionality. Then you would submit that code to http://bugs.squeak.org/ for review.

Gulik.

--
http://people.squeakfoundation.org/person/mikevdg
http://gulik.pbwiki.com/

Re: [squeak-dev] How to move the X in Squeak windows to the right side?

Laurence Rozier

On Mon, Jul 28, 2008 at 11:58 PM, askoh <[hidden email]> wrote:

Squeak windows has the X to close window button on the left side, which is
opposite of Windows OS. How can I switch the X to the right side?

This isn't trivial but has been done. See also Customizing the Squeak UI .

Thanks,
Aik-Siong Koh

RE: [squeak-dev] How to move the X in Squeak windows to the rightside?

Gary Chambers-4
Or load UI Enhancements and choose the "Vistary" theme. Alternatively, subclass one of the other themes and override #themeName on the class side (to have unique name) and #configureWindowLabelAreaFor:on the instance side to change the order of items in the label area.

Gary.