How to render Morphs

Alejandro Zuzek
Hi,

I have this code that in Pharo renders an ellipse as expected:

renderBodyOn: html
        super renderBodyOn: html.
        html image document: EllipseMorph new

But when I run it in Gemstone/S, nothing is displayed and I get a long stack trace in the logs.

Pharo version is 4.0
Gemstone/S version is 3.2.8.1
Seaside version is 3.1 on both sides.

Thanks,

Alejandro

Re: How to render Morphs

BrunoBB
Alejandro,

I don't think you can use a Morph (EllipseMorph) class in GemStone.

Does anyone ported Morphic classes to GemStone ? (i think no)

Regards,
Bruno

Re: How to render Morphs

GLASS mailing list
Gemstone does not support Morphic.

You can run a Pharo image with Seaside (or just Zinc) and have that
provide the forms

Stephan

On 04/09/16 14:20, Alejandro Zuzek via Glass wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have this code that in Pharo renders an ellipse as expected:
>
> renderBodyOn: html
> super renderBodyOn: html.
> html image document: EllipseMorph new
>
> But when I run it in Gemstone/S, nothing is displayed and I get a long stack
> trace in the logs.
>
> Pharo version is 4.0
> Gemstone/S version is 3.2.8.1
> Seaside version is 3.1 on both sides.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alejandro

Re: How to render Morphs

GLASS mailing list

Take a look at how the ellipses morph renders on html and implement something that does the same thing.

And if it's more than one morph, implement something that does the same rendering.

On Sep 5, 2016 5:05 AM, "Alejandro Zuzek via Glass" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

https://vimeo.com/132548781 shows how to use svg instead of morphic drawing.

At least the svg generating code should work out of the box in Gemstone

Stephan