How to run a Squaklet on Solaris/Firefox

How to run a Squaklet on Solaris/Firefox

Rudolf Coetsee
Hi

Can anyone provide some guidelines on how to run a Squeaklet on Solaris/Firefox. We have installed the solaris squeak browser plugin (Squeak-3.7b-5.sparc-sun-solaris2.8.tar) but launching the Squeaklet is not yet successful. We would appreciate any documentation on the Squeak solaris plugin and hopefully an example HTML snippet showing what parameters the component requires to launch properly ( i.e. in the Windows one, there are a bunch of parameters related to size of window, location of stuff and so on...).

Thanks,

RUDOLF COETSEE

Re: How to run a Squaklet on Solaris/Firefox

Bert Freudenberg-3
Am 03.08.2006 um 11:02 schrieb Rudolf Coetsee:

> Hi
>
> Can anyone provide some guidelines on how to run a Squeaklet on
> Solaris/Firefox. We have installed the solaris squeak browser
> plugin (Squeak-3.7b-5.sparc-sun-solaris2.8.tar) but launching the
> Squeaklet is not yet successful. We would appreciate any
> documentation on the Squeak solaris plugin and hopefully an example
> HTML snippet showing what parameters the component requires to
> launch properly ( i.e. in the Windows one, there are a bunch of
> parameters related to size of window, location of stuff and so on...).

We recently compiled and ran successfully from 3.7-7 sources (from
http://squeakvm.org/unix/) on Solaris (a Sun Ray pool). The 3.9-7
sources did not compile out of the box, but there was a post recently
to the vm-dev list that outlined what needed to be changed.

Regarding parameters, there is a README.npsqueak in the sources.

You can try the plugin here:

        http://isgwww.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~bert/squeak/plugin/test/
plugintest.html

or at the squeakland.org site.