How to set up VMMaker class>>updateFromServer ?

How to set up VMMaker class>>updateFromServer ?

David T. Lewis

Can someone point me to a MonticelloConfigurations for complete dummies
page? I'm interested in setting up something in VMMaker so we can do
"VMMaker updateFromServer" with the result that VMMaker and some set
of externally maintained plugins will all be updated to their latest
versions. I like the way the Squeak trunk does this, so it would be
good to copy that approach if possible.

I am assuming that I want something like this:

        "MCMcmUpdater updateFromRepositories: #(
                'http://squeaksource.com/VMMaker'
                'http://squeaksource.com/OSProcessPlugin'
                'http://squeaksource.com/AioPlugin'
                'http://squeaksource.com/XDCP'
        )"

But I don't know how to set up the actual configurations (and I
don't want to mess up the repositories trying to figure it out).
I tried reading the class comments in MonticelloConfigurations, but
that didn't help much ;)

Any pointers appreciated.

TIA,
Dave

Re: How to set up VMMaker class>>updateFromServer ?

Bert Freudenberg

On 11.08.2009, at 13:38, David T. Lewis wrote:

> Can someone point me to a MonticelloConfigurations for complete
> dummies
> page? I'm interested in setting up something in VMMaker so we can do
> "VMMaker updateFromServer" with the result that VMMaker and some set
> of externally maintained plugins will all be updated to their latest
> versions. I like the way the Squeak trunk does this, so it would be
> good to copy that approach if possible.
>
> I am assuming that I want something like this:
>
> "MCMcmUpdater updateFromRepositories: #(
> 'http://squeaksource.com/VMMaker'
> 'http://squeaksource.com/OSProcessPlugin'
> 'http://squeaksource.com/AioPlugin'
> 'http://squeaksource.com/XDCP'
> )"
>
> But I don't know how to set up the actual configurations (and I
> don't want to mess up the repositories trying to figure it out).
> I tried reading the class comments in MonticelloConfigurations, but
> that didn't help much ;)
>
> Any pointers appreciated.

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/squeak-list/2910197

- Bert -

On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 02:05:22PM +0200, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> On 11.08.2009, at 13:38, David T. Lewis wrote:
>
> >Can someone point me to a MonticelloConfigurations for complete
> >dummies page?
> >

> http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/squeak-list/2910197

Perfect, thank you!

Dave