How to trace events in Croquet/Cobalt?

askoh
Administrator
How does an event from
Sensor nextEvent
get to
CobaltHarness mouseDown:
method?
When I printout the stack in CobaltHarness mouseDown: I get.
CobaltHarness>>mouseDown:
CobaltMaster(CroquetParticipantWithMenu)>>mouseDown:
CobaltMaster(CroquetParticipantWithMenu)>>onMouseDown
AsyncScriptMessageSend(ScriptMessageSend)>>synchronousValueWithArguments:event:
AsyncScriptMessageSend(ScriptMessageSend)>>synchronousValueWithEvent:
AsyncScriptMessageSend(ScriptMessageSend)>>valueWithEvent:
AsyncScriptMessageSend>>value
ScriptProcess>>privateRunMsg
[] in ScriptProcess>>newScript {[self privateRunMsg.  self suspend]}
which does not lead to Sensor nextEvent.

Thanks,
Aik-Siong Koh

Re: How to trace events in Croquet/Cobalt?

John Dougan
When you see a stack trace like that, it's a sign that you are running in a signalled script.  Look for senders of onMouseDown and read the code to find selectors of the form 'runScript:...' or 'startScript:...' to find where the signal is handled and selectors of the form 'signal:' to see where the signal is sent.

Cheers,
  -- John

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 20:21, askoh <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

[hidden email]