I can't see the code of my class.

radouane el marjani
Hi,

I have a serious Problem, by developing my project,  all was ok.
suddenly by trying to opening a class on my Browser,
I get the following failure and  I can't anymore open this class. All
code that I writte, I can't see, but I can run my Simulation
without problem, so I can nothing do by the code of this class. Please
have someone an idea?.  Thanks very much.

This is the failure:
MessageNotUnderstood: UndefinedObject>>isSeparator
5 May 2006 1:47:44 pm

VM: Win32 - a SmalltalkImage
Image: Squeak3.8 [latest update: #6665]

SecurityManager state:
Restricted: false
FileAccess: true
SocketAccess: true
Working Dir C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\radouane\Desktop\02.05
Trusted Dir C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\radouane\Desktop\02.05\radouane
Untrusted Dir C:\My Squeak\radouane

UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #isSeparator
    Receiver: nil
    Arguments and temporary variables:
        aMessage:     isSeparator
    Receiver's instance variables:
nil

MultiByteFileStream>>skipSeparators
    Receiver: MultiByteFileStream: 'C:\Dokumente und
Einstellungen\radouane\Desktop\02.05\Squeak3.8-6665...etc...
    Arguments and temporary variables:
        state:     33445690
    Receiver's instance variables:

MultiByteFileStream(PositionableStream)>>nextChunk
    Receiver: MultiByteFileStream: 'C:\Dokumente und
Einstellungen\radouane\Desktop\02.05\Squeak3.8-6665...etc...
    Arguments and temporary variables:
        terminator:     $!
        out:     a WriteStream ''
        ch:     nil
    Receiver's instance variables:

MultiByteFileStream(PositionableStream)>>nextChunkText
    Receiver: MultiByteFileStream: 'C:\Dokumente und
Einstellungen\radouane\Desktop\02.05\Squeak3.8-6665...etc...
    Arguments and temporary variables:
        string:     nil
        runsRaw:     nil
        strm:     nil
        runs:     nil
        peek:     nil
        pos:     nil
    Receiver's instance variables:

--- The full stack ---
UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #isSeparator
MultiByteFileStream>>skipSeparators
MultiByteFileStream(PositionableStream)>>nextChunk
MultiByteFileStream(PositionableStream)>>nextChunkText
RemoteString>>text
CompiledMethod>>getSourceFromFile
CompiledMethod>>getSourceFor:in:
HandyViewDesign class(Behavior)>>sourceCodeAt:ifAbsent:
HandyViewDesign class(ClassDescription)>>ultimateSourceCodeAt:ifAbsent:
Browser(CodeHolder)>>sourceStringPrettifiedAndDiffed
Browser>>selectedMessage
Browser>>contents
PluggableTextMorph>>getText
PluggableTextMorph>>update:
[] in Browser(Object)>>changed: {[:aDependent | aDependent update:
aParameter]}
DependentsArray>>do:
Browser(Object)>>changed:
Browser(Object)>>contentsChanged
Browser(CodeHolder)>>contentsChanged
Browser>>messageListIndex:
PluggableListMorph>>changeModelSelection:
PluggableListMorph>>mouseUp:
PluggableListMorph(Morph)>>handleMouseUp:
MouseButtonEvent>>sentTo:
PluggableListMorph(Morph)>>handleEvent:
PluggableListMorph(Morph)>>handleFocusEvent:
[] in HandMorph>>sendFocusEvent:to:clear: {[ActiveHand := self.
ActiveEvent := anEvent.  result := focusHolder     han...]}
[] in PasteUpMorph>>becomeActiveDuring: {[aBlock value]}
BlockContext>>on:do:
PasteUpMorph>>becomeActiveDuring:
HandMorph>>sendFocusEvent:to:clear:
HandMorph>>sendEvent:focus:clear:
HandMorph>>sendMouseEvent:
HandMorph>>handleEvent:
HandMorph>>processEvents
[] in WorldState>>doOneCycleNowFor: {[:h |  ActiveHand := h.  h
processEvents.  capturingGesture := capturingGest...]}
Array(SequenceableCollection)>>do:
WorldState>>handsDo:
WorldState>>doOneCycleNowFor:
WorldState>>doOneCycleFor:
PasteUpMorph>>doOneCycle
[] in Project class>>spawnNewProcess {[[World doOneCycle.  Processor
yield.  false] whileFalse.  nil]}
[] in BlockContext>>newProcess {[self value.  Processor terminateActive]}

Thanks for helping,
Radouane

Faites de Yahoo! votre page d'accueil sur le web pour retrouver directement vos services préférés : vérifiez vos nouveaux mails, lancez vos recherches et suivez l'actualité en temps réel.
Rendez-vous sur http://fr.yahoo.com/set

Re: I can't see the code of my class.

Edgar J. De Cleene
radouane el marjani puso en su mail :

> Hi,
>
> I have a serious Problem, by developing my project,  all was ok.
> suddenly by trying to opening a class on my Browser,
> I get the following failure and  I can't anymore open this class. All
> code that I writte, I can't see, but I can run my Simulation
> without problem, so I can nothing do by the code of this class. Please
> have someone an idea?.  Thanks very much.

This was caused when you do something like Smalltalk condenseChanges, what
is not working good.

The sincronization between your code and the sources are gone, but the
objects still live.

Could recover code with some external text editor , like BBEdit (the best on
OS X), and looking for all occurrences of Simulation, or other .

Take some time from you, but eventually you could have the text again and
produce a Simulation.st with BBEdit  and fileIt again.

When you fileIt again (if is the same code) , no more complaints from
Browser for this, but could for other code.

Hope this help

Edgar

Correo Yahoo!