I'll run.

1 message Options

I'll run.

Casey Ransberger-2
Most people here know what I'm into, but I guess I'll make a short list for anyone who's subscribed recently, let's see.

I'd like to see Squeak a bit more responsive on resource limited machines like the Raspberry Pi. To that end, I'm a big fan of the stuff Tim is doing with Scratch and bitblt. Also interested in putting some spit shine on MVC and unloading Morphic (for "headless" machines and such.)

I'd like to see Squeak get smaller and simpler, though there's some interesting tension between that goal and keeping existing packages working. I think the community has been steadily making progress in this regard -- I've especially enjoyed the discussion around Frank's effort to eliminate cycles in the dependency graph -- but I'd also like to see what's to learn from Spoon and Cuis in this regard.

It would be nice to see more multimedia stuff happening without producing more forks (as with Croquet, Etoys, Scratch.) I think the process is in place to allow folks to experiment with these kinds of things without having to take the whole world into their hands, but I haven't seen any big new multimedia projects get started, and I wonder why. For example, Squeak has everything it needs to be a great platform for gaming, and gaming tends to draw new eyeballs, which is always a good thing.

So those are the things I'm interested in right now. I tend to spend my time around my interests. As for my leadership qualifications, I can say that I make a totally decent quesadilla, and can (to various degrees of proficiency) play guitars, electric basses, keyboards, and mandolins, as well as create intense sensations of discomfort with my violin. *cough*

Cheers,

Casey