ICal question

J J-6
Does anyone have any code that is using Recurrence Rules?  I see them in the
ICal-Model category and I am using them to set up recurring events, but I
didn't see any methods or anything for calculating what dates will actually
happen from the rule.

Before I write something up I thought I would check.

Re: ICal question

Philippe Marschall
2006/10/4, J J <[hidden email]>:
> Does anyone have any code that is using Recurrence Rules?  I see them in the
> ICal-Model category and I am using them to set up recurring events, but I
> didn't see any methods or anything for calculating what dates will actually
> happen from the rule.

You're right. ICal-Model only models them and does not compute them.
Computing the full ICal recurrence model is "a bit tricky" so you will
probably only want to implement what you need.

Robin Barendregt:
"Some time ago I published a package in Cincom's public repository
called Recurrences that was based on iCal.
Maybe you can reuse some of that to do some leg work for you.
There is also a RecurrencesTesting package that contains tests for the
examples in the iCal RFC."

Maybe Yann Monclar has build something in this direction for his
SummerTalk project.

Philippe

Re: ICal question

J J-6

>From: "Philippe Marschall" <[hidden email]>
>To: "The general-purpose Squeak developers
>list"<[hidden email]>
>Subject: Re: ICal question
>Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 21:36:12 +0200
>
>Robin Barendregt:
>"Some time ago I published a package in Cincom's public repository
>called Recurrences that was based on iCal.
>Maybe you can reuse some of that to do some leg work for you.
>There is also a RecurrencesTesting package that contains tests for the
>examples in the iCal RFC."

Forgive my ignorance, but where is the Cincom public repository?  I went to
the site, didn't see an obvious link, search for "iCal" and "Recurrences"
came up empty.

Re: ICal question

Yann Monclair-2
You can access the cincom public StORE from the VW image. in the
transcript window you have a store menu.

HTH,

Yann