Iliad talk at ESUG 2010

Nicolas Petton
Hi guys,

I'll give a short talk about Iliad in Barcelona next week.
During the talk, I would like to write a small but nice app to show how cool
can ne Iliad :)

So, I'm looking for ideas! Ideally, the app should be small enough to be
written in 15 minutes.

All ideas are welcome :)

Thanks,
Nico
--
Nicolas Petton
http://www.objectfusion.fr
Objectfusion S.A.R.L.
Applications web - Design

Re: Iliad talk at ESUG 2010

Eli Green-5
Hi Nicolas,

For comparison purposes, it might be a good idea to do something that
exists in Seaside so people can get a feel for the difference between
the two. For example, they have their Sushi Store application whose
data I use in my own demonstration (not web related - it's about OS X
integration of GemStone).

Eli

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 14:23, Nicolas Petton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I'll give a short talk about Iliad in Barcelona next week.
> During the talk, I would like to write a small but nice app to show how cool
> can ne Iliad :)
>
> So, I'm looking for ideas! Ideally, the app should be small enough to be
> written in 15 minutes.
>
> All ideas are welcome :)
>
> Thanks,
> Nico
> --
> Nicolas Petton
> http://www.objectfusion.fr
> Objectfusion S.A.R.L.
> Applications web - Design

Re: Iliad talk at ESUG 2010

ZuLuuuuuu-2
I don't know if 15 minutes are enough to describe the greatness of
Iliad but...

I won't say a simple blog script, you have probably already thought
about that :)

For a trendy topic, you can create a microblogging script.

Or a simple wiki engine maybe...

Canol

On Sep 8, 3:23 pm, Nicolas Petton <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I'll give a short talk about Iliad in Barcelona next week.
> During the talk, I would like to write a small but nice app to show how cool
> can ne Iliad :)
>
> So, I'm looking for ideas! Ideally, the app should be small enough to be
> written in 15 minutes.
>
> All ideas are welcome :)
>
> Thanks,
> Nico
> --
> Nicolas Pettonhttp://www.objectfusion.fr
> Objectfusion S.A.R.L.
> Applications web - Design

Re: Iliad talk at ESUG 2010

Nicolas Petton
Thanks guys, a simple store or a microblog seem like good ideas, I didn't
think of these :)

Cheers,
Nico
--
Nicolas Petton
http://www.objectfusion.fr
Objectfusion S.A.R.L.
Applications web - Design

Re: Iliad talk at ESUG 2010

ZuLuuuuuu-2
It would be great if somebody can record the talk, the stream works
slow for me :(

On Sep 9, 2:37 pm, Nicolas Petton <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Thanks guys, a simple store or a microblog seem like good ideas, I didn't
> think of these :)
>
> Cheers,
> Nico
> --
> Nicolas Pettonhttp://www.objectfusion.fr
> Objectfusion S.A.R.L.
> Applications web - Design

Re: Iliad talk at ESUG 2010

Eli Green-5
It was my understanding from the intro that the videos are being recorded, we're just not sure where they'll be hosted yet.

On Sep 13, 2010, at 13:29, ZuLuuuuuu wrote:

> It would be great if somebody can record the talk, the stream works
> slow for me :(
>

> On Sep 9, 2:37 pm, Nicolas Petton <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Thanks guys, a simple store or a microblog seem like good ideas, I didn't
>> think of these :)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Nico
>> --
>> Nicolas Pettonhttp://www.objectfusion.fr
>> Objectfusion S.A.R.L.
>> Applications web - Design

Re: Iliad talk at ESUG 2010

ZuLuuuuuu-2
We now have the raw videos available including the Iliad talk:

http://forum.world.st/Raw-Videos-ESUG-2010-available-td2954913.html#a2954913

The direct link:

http://esug2010.objectfusion.fr

All in all, a good representation. I learned the dependent widget
trick which might help me get rid of a few markDirty's :)

A question: is the Odyssey CMS written using Iliad? If so, you could
show it as a real world application example, because from the video at
its web site it looks so much cool!

Note: Thanks for mentioning my name :)

Canol

On Sep 13, 3:07 pm, Eli Green <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It was my understanding from the intro that the videos are being recorded, we're just not sure where they'll be hosted yet.
>
> On Sep 13, 2010, at 13:29, ZuLuuuuuu wrote:
>
> > It would be great if somebody can record the talk, the stream works
> > slow for me :(
>
> > On Sep 9, 2:37 pm, Nicolas Petton <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >> Thanks guys, a simple store or a microblog seem like good ideas, I didn't
> >> think of these :)
>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Nico
> >> --
> >> Nicolas Pettonhttp://www.objectfusion.fr
> >> Objectfusion S.A.R.L.
> >> Applications web - Design

Re: Iliad talk at ESUG 2010

sebastien audier
Hi Canol,

A question: is the Odyssey CMS written using Iliad?

Yes, of course !

If so, you could
show it as a real world application example, because from the video at
its web site it looks so much cool!

Thanks a lot, we made do that on the future.

Cheers

--
Sébastien AUDIER

ObjectFusion S.A.R.L.