Illiad load and run into 5.3

Edgar De Cleene
Folks:
I proud to tell Illiad, the web framework of Nicolas Petton load and run
again into 5.3
The recipe is
You file into the atached.
Then in your browser do
http://localhost:8080/browse
And you are in business

I plan extend this, maybe put in git a working image, what you think ?
Also found original https://github.com/NicolasPetton/iliad
Here Nicolas have docs in .texi format which until now can't read in Mac

CodeLoader.1.st (23K) Download Attachment
AgregaRepoLadrillos.st (252 bytes) Download Attachment
InstallIlliad.st (814 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Illiad load and run into 5.3

Jakob Reschke
Edgar J. De Cleene <[hidden email]> schrieb am Fr., 27. Sep. 2019, 12:16:

I plan extend this, maybe put in git a working image, what you think ?

Git advice of the day: don't check in large files (such as images), except when they are not huge and hardly ever changed (why put them under version control then?), or if they change, only small portions of the file change (such as append-only with small amendments). The latter allows the delta compression of the Git objects to keep the trouble to a minimum.

The problem with big files is that they have to be cloned with the repository and each version of the large file sticks around in the repository forever. Even if you decide to "delete" the file from the tree later.

Kind regards,
Jakob

Re: Illiad load and run into 5.3

Nicolas Cellier

Le sam. 28 sept. 2019 à 12:09, Jakob Reschke <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Edgar J. De Cleene <[hidden email]> schrieb am Fr., 27. Sep. 2019, 12:16:

I plan extend this, maybe put in git a working image, what you think ?

Git advice of the day: don't check in large files (such as images), except when they are not huge and hardly ever changed (why put them under version control then?), or if they change, only small portions of the file change (such as append-only with small amendments). The latter allows the delta compression of the Git objects to keep the trouble to a minimum.

The problem with big files is that they have to be cloned with the repository and each version of the large file sticks around in the repository forever. Even if you decide to "delete" the file from the tree later.

Kind regards,
Jakob

Can't we somehow mitigate the problem with git-lfs?