Image recovery?

Jerome Peace
Image recovery?

HI Esteban,
I don't know how deep your problem is. What has worked
for me is:

Open the changes file in a text editor.

Search down to the start of my personal changes.

Copy the remaining portion of the file into another
file.

Then I hunt thru this changes fragment for the most
recent version of my desired-to-save work.

Then I restart with a fresh or known checkpoint image
and reapply the desired-to-save changes.

It is a little messy to do it this way but it also
usually inspires thought and I make progress on my
design during the recoveries.

I then get more virtuous about saving checkpoints
before running risky code.

Hth.

Yours in service and curiosity, --Jerome Peace

***
>Esteban Lorenzano estebanlm at gmail.com
>Tue Nov 27 20:56:16 UTC 2007
>
>Hi all,I have an image that is not working anymore,
and I can not take
>control from that (the image starts, but i can't
press any key, not even
>cmd+.)
>Is there a way to load the image (as an ImageSegment
or something like that)
>so I can recover the objects I need?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Esteban
>--
>"Querer es suscitar las paradojas"
>Camus. El míto de Sísifo.
***

Never miss a thing.  Make Yahoo your home page.
http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Re: Image recovery?

David T. Lewis
Good advice from Jerome, and you you may also find some helpful tips on
http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/2168, "What to do if Squeak crashes or freezes".

Dave