ImageSegmentTest>>#testImageSegmentsShouldBeWritableToaFile causes fatal lockup on ARM64 but not on Mac older VM

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

ImageSegmentTest>>#testImageSegmentsShouldBeWritableToaFile causes fatal lockup on ARM64 but not on Mac older VM

timrowledge
I just made a new ARM64 VM to try out the #fix_include_order VMMaker branch.

When running the TestRunner I noticed that the segment test goes into an infinite loop and cannot be interrupted. I'm not all that surprised that the segment loading fails but I an very annoyed that the interrupt fails to do anything. We've spent so much time over the years trying to make that work properly.

On my Mac running an older 2020 5.3 VM it does not fail.

tim
--
tim Rowledge; [hidden email]; http://www.rowledge.org/tim
Fractured Idiom:- AMICUS PURIAE - Platonic friend

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: ImageSegmentTest>>#testImageSegmentsShouldBeWritableToaFile causes fatal lockup on ARM64 but not on Mac older VM

marcel.taeumel
Hi Tim.

When running the TestRunner I noticed that the segment test goes into an infinite loop and cannot be interrupted.

Any idea, why that happens? Is the interruptSemaphore not working? See EventSensor >> #userInterruptWatcher.

Best,
Marcel

Am 14.06.2021 04:17:09 schrieb tim Rowledge <[hidden email]>:

I just made a new ARM64 VM to try out the #fix_include_order VMMaker branch.

When running the TestRunner I noticed that the segment test goes into an infinite loop and cannot be interrupted. I'm not all that surprised that the segment loading fails but I an very annoyed that the interrupt fails to do anything. We've spent so much time over the years trying to make that work properly.

On my Mac running an older 2020 5.3 VM it does not fail.

tim
--
tim Rowledge; [hidden email]; http://www.rowledge.org/tim
Fractured Idiom:- AMICUS PURIAE - Platonic friend