Implementation of book editor for PillarHub application

Implementation of book editor for PillarHub application

Flayer
Hello everyone! My name is Maxim Skripnik, and I wish to tell you about my first project that deals with Pharo and Pillar world.

To make a long story short, it's about extension of functional for web-application called "PillarHub" that is written fully on Pharo with Seaside's tools. In substance, today it's a editor and viewer for articles written on Pillar markup but I will add opportunity to compile complete books from them.

Anyway, if you are interested in it, you may find full description here.

There, on PillarHub, I will report on progress, so check for updates there.

Feel free to comment and share your ideas with me, I would be very glad to see some.

Thank you for your attention!

Re: Implementation of book editor for PillarHub application

stepharo
Thanks Maxim

We are thinking with damien to extend pillar to have two columns (two
lists, a list and figures, or two figures side by side)
and like that I will be able to write a slide generator (that could
output js format, beamer,....)
and we could use pillarHub to edit and store slides :).

Stef

Le 28/12/14 15:21, Flayer a écrit :

> Hello everyone! My name is Maxim Skripnik, and I wish to tell you about my
> first project that deals with Pharo and Pillar world.
>
> To make a long story short, it's about extension of functional for
> web-application called "PillarHub" that is written fully on Pharo with
> Seaside's tools. In substance, today it's a editor and viewer for articles
> written on Pillar markup but I will add opportunity to compile complete
> books from them.
>
> Anyway, if you are interested in it, you may find full description * here
> <http://pillarhub.pharocloud.com/hub/MaximSkripnik/bookcompilerintro>  *.
>
> There, on PillarHub, I will report on progress, so check for updates there.
>
> Feel free to comment and share your ideas with me, I would be very glad to
> see some.
>
> Thank you for your attention!

Re: Implementation of book editor for PillarHub application

stepharo
Maxim

What would be really good (and this would be the first feature I need to
use PillarHub)
is to be able to save text with git.

Stef

Le 28/12/14 15:21, Flayer a écrit :

> Hello everyone! My name is Maxim Skripnik, and I wish to tell you about my
> first project that deals with Pharo and Pillar world.
>
> To make a long story short, it's about extension of functional for
> web-application called "PillarHub" that is written fully on Pharo with
> Seaside's tools. In substance, today it's a editor and viewer for articles
> written on Pillar markup but I will add opportunity to compile complete
> books from them.
>
> Anyway, if you are interested in it, you may find full description * here
> <http://pillarhub.pharocloud.com/hub/MaximSkripnik/bookcompilerintro>  *.
>
> There, on PillarHub, I will report on progress, so check for updates there.
>
> Feel free to comment and share your ideas with me, I would be very glad to
> see some.
>
> Thank you for your attention!

Re: Implementation of book editor for PillarHub application

stepharo
Hi

This night I was thinking that what would be good is to have a look at
Pier again.
     http://www.piercms.
Why:
     Solid
     Proven
     esteban made a version working with Magritte 3, saved with Voyage,
we can have Reef components inside Pier (reef are components embedding
Javascript).
We extracted Pillar from Pier and it could be nice to be able to plug
pillar in Pier.

http://www.piercms.com/download does not work.
I will ask esteban.

https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/Pier3/