Implementing algorithms on polygons

Ralph Boland
I have some algorithms on polygons I would like to implement.
When  implemented I will release my implementations as Squeak
or Pharo packages under an open souce licence (Mit?)

What does Squeak/Pharo have to offer in terms of a GUI for this?

It would also be helpful if the package already had an implementation
of an algorithm for triangulating polygons.

An implementation of an algorithms for constructing Voronoi diagrams
of a point set would also be useful.

Any advice appreciated.

Ralph Boland

Re: Implementing algorithms on polygons

Karl Ramberg
Squeak has PolygonMorph.
I'm not sure if that is still in Pharo .

Best,
Karl

On Sat, Jun 11, 2016 at 7:05 PM, Ralph Boland <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have some algorithms on polygons I would like to implement.
When  implemented I will release my implementations as Squeak
or Pharo packages under an open souce licence (Mit?)

What does Squeak/Pharo have to offer in terms of a GUI for this?

It would also be helpful if the package already had an implementation
of an algorithm for triangulating polygons.

An implementation of an algorithms for constructing Voronoi diagrams
of a point set would also be useful.

Any advice appreciated.

Ralph Boland

Re: Implementing algorithms on polygons

Ben Coman
On Sun, Jun 12, 2016 at 1:05 AM, Ralph Boland <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have some algorithms on polygons I would like to implement.
> When  implemented I will release my implementations as Squeak
> or Pharo packages under an open souce licence (Mit?)

MIT license is typical for both Squeak and Pharo.

> What does Squeak/Pharo have to offer in terms of a GUI for this?

For the drawing part, you would use Morphic on both.  For the UI
around the drawing, Pharo has Spec on top of Morphic and also Glamour
for building interfaces like the System Browser.

btw, Pharo questions are better asked in pharo-users mail list.

> It would also be helpful if the package already had an implementation
> of an algorithm for triangulating polygons.
>
> An implementation of an algorithms for constructing Voronoi diagrams
> of a point set would also be useful.

A couple of threads I remember...
http://forum.world.st/Voronoi-diagram-td4728327.html
http://forum.world.st/ANN-Voronyj-Diagram-td4770066.html

On Sun, Jun 12, 2016 at 1:23 AM, karl ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Squeak has PolygonMorph.
> I'm not sure if that is still in Pharo .

It does.

cheers -ben

Re: Implementing algorithms on polygons

Herbert König
Hi Ralph

In Squeak 3.8 there was a Class Subdivision in
Graphics-Tools-Triangulation with the class comment:

"I perform (constraint) delauney triangulations on a set of points. See
my class side for examples."

Loong time ago (3.6 times) I used it for triangulation of terrains. IIRC
Voronoi Diagrams are just the centers of the triangles generated by a
Delaunay triangulation.

If I'm right, some archaeology where it got lost and then resurrecting
it may get you started.

Cheers,

Herbert