Importing Avatars Through Poser with UV Texture Mapping Intact

Importing Avatars Through Poser with UV Texture Mapping Intact

GregSmith
So far I've been successful in creating my own avatar with an accurate
UV texture map, bringing it into Poser where I created a skeleton,
animated it, exported it out of Poser as an .obj file and its accompanying
.bvh file; imported both as a replacement avatar and animation for the
"rabbit" and all worked well.  All except there was no texture present,
only the base color of the various component parts.  This tells me that,
at present, Croquet is not utilizing any UV mapped texture information,
at least not from Poser.  Is this a correct assumption, or is there some
set of steps I am leaving out of the loop.

Thanks,

Greg Smith

Re: Importing Avatars Through Poser with UV Texture Mapping Intact

David A. Smith-3
We are using UV mapped textures. I have not looked at the .obj importer,
but either it ignores the textures or the uv mapping (or both). Or it is
broken...

I recently fixed the uv bug in the TMesh by the way. Not sure if it has
been posted. It only shows up on more complex models.

David