Improving Minimal initialization (was Re: RV: [ANN] Kernel image and the Rest of Squeak package for Squeak 7061)

Improving Minimal initialization (was Re: RV: [ANN] Kernel image and the Rest of Squeak package for Squeak 7061)

Edgar J. De Cleene
More on having Minimal suited to user wish.

As official restoring of Preferences do not work , I use .

In Squeak3.9g-7061.image:

Type in a workspace:

Preferences inspectPreferences

In lower pane type :

self saveOnFile "I choose Preferences.obj as name"

In MinimalImage-7061b.image

Type in a workspace:

|inputStream anObject |
inputStream _ FileStream oldFileNamed: 'Preferences.obj'.
anObject _ inputStream fileInObjectAndCode.
inputStream close.

Preferences dictionaryOfPreferences: anObject

Presto, your have your loved preferences back !!

Edgar

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
¡Probalo ya!
http://www.yahoo.com.ar/respuestas

Re: Improving Minimal initialization (was Re: RV: [ANN] Kernel image and the Rest of Squeak package for Squeak 7061)

Pavel Krivanek
Great!
StandardToolSet initialize should be called then...

-- Pavel

On 9/26/06, Edgar J. De Cleene <[hidden email]> wrote:

> More on having Minimal suited to user wish.
>
> As official restoring of Preferences do not work , I use .
>
> In Squeak3.9g-7061.image:
>
> Type in a workspace:
>
> Preferences inspectPreferences
>
> In lower pane type :
>
> self saveOnFile "I choose Preferences.obj as name"
>
> In MinimalImage-7061b.image
>
> Type in a workspace:
>
> |inputStream anObject |
> inputStream _ FileStream oldFileNamed: 'Preferences.obj'.
> anObject _ inputStream fileInObjectAndCode.
> inputStream close.
>
> Preferences dictionaryOfPreferences: anObject
>
> Presto, your have your loved preferences back !!
>
> Edgar

> Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
> Todo lo que querías saber, y lo que ni imaginabas,
> está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
> ¡Probalo ya!
> http://www.yahoo.com.ar/respuestas

Re: Improving Minimal initialization (was Re: RV: [ANN] Kernel image and the Rest of Squeak package for Squeak 7061)

Edgar J. De Cleene
I found ActiveEvent as undeclared

For force the system to declare I do :

ActiveEvent inspect

And select global.

Exists a code form to do this ?
I follow code and seed all times ActiveEvent exists in SqueakV39.sources
with BBEdit, but no luck.