In the hacker news

Karl Ramberg

Re: In the hacker news

timrowledge

> On 10-10-2015, at 2:10 AM, karl ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hackaday post:
> http://hackaday.com/2015/10/08/latest-raspberry-pi-images-have-improved-scratch/
>
> Hacker News post:

On the one hand publicity is good, on the other... just read the comments. Sigh. So many idiots.

tim
Strange OpCodes: CPE: Create Parity Error

Re: In the hacker news

Karl Ramberg

On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 7:20 PM, tim Rowledge <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 10-10-2015, at 2:10 AM, karl ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hackaday post:
> http://hackaday.com/2015/10/08/latest-raspberry-pi-images-have-improved-scratch/
>
> Hacker News post:

On the one hand publicity is good, on the other... just read the comments. Sigh. So many idiots.
I'll cut them some slack :-)
There is only so much attention span around. Once it runs out, the result is quite random.
And the rabbit hole runs very deep on projects like Scratch, with several implementations etc.

Karl

tim
Strange OpCodes: CPE: Create Parity Error

Re: In the hacker news

Hannes Hirzel
On 10/10/15, karl ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 7:20 PM, tim Rowledge <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> > On 10-10-2015, at 2:10 AM, karl ramberg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hackaday post:
>> >
>> http://hackaday.com/2015/10/08/latest-raspberry-pi-images-have-improved-scratch/
>> >
>> > Hacker News post:
>> > https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=10363088
>> >

>> On the one hand publicity is good, on the other... just read the
>> comments.
>> Sigh. So many idiots.
>>
> I'll cut them some slack :-)
> There is only so much attention span around. Once it runs out, the result
> is quite random.
> And the rabbit hole runs very deep on projects like Scratch, with several
> implementations etc.

One of the more useful comments is

<citation>
Mark Morgan Lloyd says:
October 9, 2015 at 5:26 am

I think that the most important part of this news is that at least
part of the Scratch community thinks it’s worth sticking with
Squeak/Smalltalk, rather than using Javascript as an implementation
language.

</citation>

And a link to a book for children using Scratch (in Italian)

http://deagostiniscuola.deascuola.it/primaria?layout=book&ref=41&book=11847

I wonder if there are similar books in English.