[Informal Report] Building the next FunSqueak using Cog -5

[Informal Report] Building the next FunSqueak using Cog -5

Edgar De Cleene
[Informal Report] Building the next FunSqueak using Cog -5
FunSqueakCog4.2-10423-alpha.3 is uploading to Experiments folder right now,  in  half hour you could test it.

Today I use same script for Seaside 3.0.image , take time  but no problems

So we have a Seaside 3.0, Magritte,Pier, MathMorph and MorphicWrappers and old 3.6 games ready to run Cog image.
The week end I see Stephanne last of MuO for see how load into this

Edgar

Re: [Informal Report] Building the next FunSqueak using Cog -5

Hannes Hirzel
Thanks Edgar
Here is the link
http://ftp.squeak.org/Experiments/FunSqueakCog4.2-10423-alpha.3.zip

--Hannes

On 9/3/10, Edgar J. De Cleene <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> FunSqueakCog4.2-10423-alpha.3 is uploading to Experiments folder right
>> now,
>> in  half hour you could test it.
>>
>> Today I use same script for Seaside 3.0.image , take time  but no problems
>>
>> So we have a Seaside 3.0, Magritte,Pier, MathMorph and MorphicWrappers and
>> old
>> 3.6 games ready to run Cog image.
>> The week end I see Stephanne last of MuO for see how load into this
>>
>> Edgar

Re: [Informal Report] Building the next FunSqueak using Cog -5

Hannes Hirzel
Edgar,

The image *** looks fine. No walk-backs so far. The formatting in the
SimpleBook instances (ModularIntegers and Linear Algebra 1) is not
good. Who is LC (the author of class SimpleBook, 1998)? How do I
minimize the Chess morph again after I have opened it?

-- Hannes

***

On 9/4/10, Hannes Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Edgar,
>
> The image *** looks fine. No walk-backs so far. The formatting in the
> SimpleBook instances (ModularIntegers and Linear Algebra 1) is not
> good.

I attached a screen shot.

>Who is LC (the author of class SimpleBook, 1998)?

Leandro Caniglia.

How do I
> minimize the Chess morph again after I have opened it?
>
> -- Hannes
>

> ***
> http://ftp.squeak.org/Experiments/FunSqueakCog4.2-10423-alpha.3.zip

Interesting

    PackageOrganizer default packages size
gives
    204

compared to a trunk image after

   SmalltalkImage current unloadAllKnownPackages

I get only
   24.

Quite an impressive span.

(cf. http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2010-August/153026.html
)

FunSqueakCog4.2-10423-SimpleBook.PNG (29K) Download Attachment

On 9/4/10 5:07 AM, "Hannes Hirzel" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Edgar,
>
> The image *** looks fine. No walk-backs so far. The formatting in the
> SimpleBook instances (ModularIntegers and Linear Algebra 1) is not
> good. Who is LC (the author of class SimpleBook, 1998)?

LC is Leandro Caniglia.
>How do I minimize the Chess morph again after I have opened it?
>
> -- Hannes

As always, right button raise the halo an then you hit the collapse buttons,
second on the left side

Edgar

Re: [Informal Report] Building the next FunSqueak using Cog -6

Edgar De Cleene
http://yfrog.com/9gcmcapture2gp

Here you see the attached walckback.
I first load
http://map.squeak.org/package/3816db3a-5b3a-4868-b1ad-69200305e98c/autoversi
on/2 , then muO.249.sar.

When loading dependencies have a complain about missing Regex5.sar.
Odd as file was in muo-cache and seems installed, hit proceed at this point.
When background change and  is almost ready , have the walcback.
Debugger is not working for follow the trouble.
I see Stephanne reload some which was in 3.10 but not in 4.1 and 4.2.

Feedback please.

Edgar

SqueakDebug.log (5K) Download Attachment

Re: [Informal Report] Building the next FunSqueak using Cog -5

Hannes Hirzel
On 9/3/10, Edgar J. De Cleene <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> So we have a Seaside 3.0, Magritte,Pier

Very nice to have Seaside 3.0 preloaded. I just tested it with a Windows Cog VM.

--Hannes

Re: [Informal Report] Building the next FunSqueak using Cog -6

Stéphane Rollandin
> When loading dependencies have a complain about missing Regex5.sar.
> Odd as file was in muo-cache and seems installed, hit proceed at this point.
> When background change and  is almost ready , have the walcback.
> Debugger is not working for follow the trouble.
> I see Stephanne reload some which was in 3.10 but not in 4.1 and 4.2.
>
> Feedback please.

The problem happens because muO has a test for detecting the image
version number which does not handle 4.2; so the trunk image is not
supported...

This is fixed in muO.250 (on SqueakMap right now)

BTW note that generally one should not expect muO to load in the latest
trunk image, as I'm developing it in 4.1 (it works in
Squeak4.2-10382-alpha though)

best,

On 9/4/10 6:31 PM, "Stéphane Rollandin" <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> When loading dependencies have a complain about missing Regex5.sar.
>> Odd as file was in muo-cache and seems installed, hit proceed at this point.
>> When background change and  is almost ready , have the walcback.
>> Debugger is not working for follow the trouble.
>> I see Stephanne reload some which was in 3.10 but not in 4.1 and 4.2.
>>
>> Feedback please.
>
> The problem happens because muO has a test for detecting the image
> version number which does not handle 4.2; so the trunk image is not
> supported...
>
> This is fixed in muO.250 (on SqueakMap right now)
>
> BTW note that generally one should not expect muO to load in the latest
> trunk image, as I'm developing it in 4.1 (it works in
> Squeak4.2-10382-alpha though)
>
> best,
>
> Stef

Now muO.250 completes and no debugger.
Image do not show DockingBar or shared Flaps (design decision)
When going to previous project via World menu , in some minutes image
freeze.
Last thing I see is menus from DockingBar "moved to right" , see if I could
have a picture of this.
Almost ready ....and remember the image is 10423 and I do not update it.

Very thanks

Edgar

[Informal Report] Building the next FunSqueak using Cog -7

Edgar De Cleene
In the time I looking MuO trying to discover differences between this image
(FunSqueak) and previous (why do not work as should be ?), I do the recently
recipe by Chris Cunnington

 (Installer wiresong project: 'ob')
 Â   install: 'OmniBrowser';
 Â   install: 'OB-Morphic';
 Â   install: 'OB-Standard';
 Â   install: 'OB-Shout';
 Â   install: 'OB-SUnitIntegration'.
 (Installer ss project: 'rb')
 install: 'AST-Core-lr.80.mcz';
 install: 'AST-Semantic-lr.11.mcz';
 install: 'Refactoring-Core-lr.149.mcz';
 install: 'Refactoring-Spelling';
 project: 'Regex';
 install: 'VB-Regex'.
 (Installer wiresong project: 'ob')
 install: 'OB-Refactory';
 install: 'OB-Regex'.
 (Installer ss project: 'shout')
 install: 'Shout';
 install: 'ShoutWorkspace'

Then add
MCHttpRepository
    location: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/Environments'
    user: 'squeak'
    password: 'squeak'

And

Environments-GermanLeiva.21

No problems,no walkbacks

I play a little more and if no problems upload a new zip to Experiments.

Very thanks to all

Edgar

Re: [Informal Report] Building the next FunSqueak using Cog -7

Hannes Hirzel
On 9/8/10, Edgar J. De Cleene <[hidden email]> wrote:

> In the time I looking MuO trying to discover differences between this image
> (FunSqueak) and previous (why do not work as should be ?), I do the recently
> recipe by Chris Cunnington
>
>  (Installer wiresong project: 'ob')
>     install: 'OmniBrowser';
>     install: 'OB-Morphic';
>     install: 'OB-Standard';
>     install: 'OB-Shout';
>     install: 'OB-SUnitIntegration'.
>  (Installer ss project: 'rb')
>  install: 'AST-Core-lr.80.mcz';
>  install: 'AST-Semantic-lr.11.mcz';
>  install: 'Refactoring-Core-lr.149.mcz';
>  install: 'Refactoring-Spelling';
>  project: 'Regex';
>  install: 'VB-Regex'.
>  (Installer wiresong project: 'ob')
>  install: 'OB-Refactory';
>  install: 'OB-Regex'.
>  (Installer ss project: 'shout')
>  install: 'Shout';
>  install: 'ShoutWorkspace'

Worked fine for me in Squeak 4.1-#10502 trunk.

Useful to have this retested.

Thank you for the load script.

--Hannes

Re: [Informal Report] Building the next FunSqueak using Cog -7

Hannes Hirzel
Actually I have to correct myself. The loading and some browsing in OB
worked fine. Using a Workspace gives a walkback. I do not know if this
is related to the load script or not. Retest needed.

--Hannes

On 9/9/10 12:26 PM, "Hannes Hirzel" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Actually I have to correct myself. The loading and some browsing in OB
> worked fine. Using a Workspace gives a walkback. I do not know if this
> is related to the load script or not. Retest needed.
>
> --Hannes
Not here in a bigger image, maybe part of building and not a OB think.
I found some earlier today , send walkback and provisory fix to Andreas.

Last FunSqueakCog is
http://ftp.squeak.org/Experiments/FunSqueakCog4.2-10423-alpha.5.zip

I like to know any walbacks...

Edgar

Re: [Informal Report] Building the next FunSqueak using Cog -5

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Bug:
1. Enter "New Worlds of Squeak" -> "Morphic Wrappers"
2. Place hand over blank space in world.
3. Press "tab"
4. In help balloon, type "5" and ENTER.

Image freezes, user interrupt has no effect, log file empty.

Mac OS 10.6.4
VM: Squeak 5.8b10
FunSqueak: FunSqueakCog-10423-alpha

Sean

Cheers,
Sean

On 9/11/10 8:12 AM, "Sean P. DeNigris" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Bug:
> 1. Enter "New Worlds of Squeak" -> "Morphic Wrappers"
> 2. Place hand over blank space in world.
> 3. Press "tab"
> 4. In help balloon, type "5" and ENTER.
>
> Image freezes, user interrupt has no effect, log file empty.
>
> Mac OS 10.6.4
> VM: Squeak 5.8b10
> FunSqueak: FunSqueakCog-10423-alpha
>
> Sean

Ok I have this also, check and see what's going on.
Very thanks.

Edgar

Re: [Informal Report] Building the next FunSqueak using Cog -5

Edgar De Cleene

On 9/11/10 8:12 AM, "Sean P. DeNigris" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Bug:
> 1. Enter "New Worlds of Squeak" -> "Morphic Wrappers"
> 2. Place hand over blank space in world.
> 3. Press "tab"
> 4. In help balloon, type "5" and ENTER.
>
> Image freezes, user interrupt has no effect, log file empty.
>
> Mac OS 10.6.4
> VM: Squeak 5.8b10
> FunSqueak: FunSqueakCog-10423-alpha
>
> Sean

I locate the problems begins when Seaside 3.0 enters the image.

FunSqueakCog4.2-10423-alpha.2.zip do not have the problem (Only Games and
MorphicWrappers / MathMorphs)

Building a tall house of cards is difficult :=)

When have a working Cog for Ubuntu I like to have a live image for remote
work, stay tuned...

Edgar

Re: [Informal Report] Building the next FunSqueak using Cog -5

Edgar De Cleene

> On 9/11/10 8:12 AM, "Sean P. DeNigris" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Bug:
>> 1. Enter "New Worlds of Squeak" -> "Morphic Wrappers"
>> 2. Place hand over blank space in world.
>> 3. Press "tab"
>> 4. In help balloon, type "5" and ENTER.
>>
>> Image freezes, user interrupt has no effect, log file empty.
>>
>> Mac OS 10.6.4
>> VM: Squeak 5.8b10
>> FunSqueak: FunSqueakCog-10423-alpha
>>
>> Sean
>

> I locate the problems begins when Seaside 3.0 enters the image.
>
> FunSqueakCog4.2-10423-alpha.2.zip do not have the problem (Only Games and
> MorphicWrappers / MathMorphs)
>
> Building a tall house of cards is difficult :=)
>
> When have a working Cog for Ubuntu I like to have a live image for remote
> work, stay tuned...
>
> Edgar

Solved.

Some more test and at some point you have the 6th milestone on ftp.
New kids on the block.
Aida 6.1
OMeta

Maybe more....