Inserting special characters?

Simon Guest-2
Hi,

How do I insert special characters in a text morph in Squeak?  I guess
I'm after an equivalent to the Windows character picker, for
characters which cannot be typed on the keyboard.

It would be nice to see all the symbols available in a font, and pick
from that list.

cheers,
Simon

Re: Inserting special characters?

Klaus D. Witzel
Hi Simon,

in Squeak (Smalltalk) everything is always available, especially to
developers :)

You may want to print this expression (with printIt)

  Character characterTable

Enjoy.

/Klaus

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 21:57:27 +0200, Simon Guest wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How do I insert special characters in a text morph in Squeak?  I guess
> I'm after an equivalent to the Windows character picker, for
> characters which cannot be typed on the keyboard.
>
> It would be nice to see all the symbols available in a font, and pick
> from that list.
>
> cheers,
> Simon

Re: Re: Inserting special characters?

Simon Guest-2
At Sun, 17 Sep 2006 22:20:05 +0200,
Klaus D Witzel wrote:
> in Squeak (Smalltalk) everything is always available, especially to
> developers :)
>
> You may want to print this expression (with printIt)
>
>  Character characterTable

OK thanks Klaus, that basically does part of what I want.  By doing
this:

text3031 contents: (Character characterTable inject: '' into:
[:x :y | x, y asString])

I can set the contents of a text morph (text3031) as I desired.

Now I'm thinking of writing the other bits I need to give me a
character picker ...

cheers,
Simon