Instability

Kirk Fraser
When trying to measure a method from a fileIn by adding single quotes and using size, the workspace somehow got into a state where it would generate errors whenever I simply put the mouse into the workspace.  How does one fix such things so as to guarantee it never happens when deploying an application?  Is there a way to make Smalltalk as stable as a C, C++ application?

Re: Instability

Levente Uzonyi-2
On Sun, 11 Sep 2011, Overcomer Man wrote:

> When trying to measure a method from a fileIn by adding single quotes and
> using size, the workspace somehow got into a state where it would generate
> errors whenever I simply put the mouse into the workspace.  How does one fix
> such things so as to guarantee it never happens when deploying an
> application?  Is there a way to make Smalltalk as stable as a C, C++
> application?

Which image, VM, operating system did you use? Where did you copy the
method from? Did the method body contain quotes? What was the error you
got? Can you copy the stack trace?
What were the subsequent errors you got from the workspace?

Your Smalltalk is as stable as a C application, because it is a C
application. :)

Levente