classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Install Plugin on I.E. 6 / Win XP

mstram-2
Greetings,    

I'm trying to run the SqueakPluginInstaller on I.E6, well actually I'm trying to load any .pr  files, but everytime  I try to load a .pr file, I.E6 just tries to re-install the plugin.

I'm guessing that whatever I.E. uses to determine if a plugin is installed is not returning the correct info.     The plugin does get installed "successfully", well there are no error messages anyway.    

This is on Win XP pro.     Any ideas?    

(I have the Flash plugin installed, so it *will* install plugins )

Mike
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Install Plugin on I.E. 6 / Win XP

mstram-2
Just tried installing the plugin on another computer ... same thing ... I.E. just keeps trying to re-install the plugin every time I attempt to open any of the examples on Squeakland.  I've enabled everything that I can see in the I.E. security settings.

Mike

mstram wrote
Greetings,    

I'm trying to run the SqueakPluginInstaller on I.E6, well actually I'm trying to load any .pr  files, but everytime  I try to load a .pr file, I.E6 just tries to re-install the plugin.

I'm guessing that whatever I.E. uses to determine if a plugin is installed is not returning the correct info.     The plugin does get installed "successfully", well there are no error messages anyway.    

This is on Win XP pro.     Any ideas?    

(I have the Flash plugin installed, so it *will* install plugins )

Mike