Install Squeak 3.9 or 3.10 in a Core 2 Duo (64 bits) with Ubuntu

Install Squeak 3.9 or 3.10 in a Core 2 Duo (64 bits) with Ubuntu

Juan Carlos Bresesti Bosch
How can i do this, i'm absolute beginner...

JC

Re: Install Squeak 3.9 or 3.10 in a Core 2 Duo (64 bits) with Ubuntu

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas
Hi Juan Carlos,

Juan Carlos Bresesti Bosch escribió:
> How can i do this, i'm absolute beginner...
>
> JC

You can find Spanish instructions for that. In fact, these instructions
are the ones that I'm using for running varios versions of Squeak,
including 3.9 and 3.10, in my Ubuntu 64 machine.

http://www.el-directorio.org/Squeak/Instalacion#head-9f31bb7843147795b89ecbe76e961b906a672c12

you can use a automatic translation service if you don't read Spanish.
Click and run installation of Seaside/Squeak is the easiest way I have
found for installing and running Squeak.

Cheers,

Offray

Re: Install Squeak 3.9 or 3.10 in a Core 2 Duo (64 bits) with Ubuntu

Juan Carlos Bresesti Bosch
Vladimir,

In the tutorial i only find the 3.8 version, how do you install 3.9 or 3.10?

Juan Carlos.

2008/3/25, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <[hidden email]>:
Hi Juan Carlos,

Juan Carlos Bresesti Bosch escribió:

> How can i do this, i'm absolute beginner...
>
> JC

You can find Spanish instructions for that. In fact, these instructions
are the ones that I'm using for running varios versions of Squeak,
including 3.9 and 3.10, in my Ubuntu 64 machine.

http://www.el-directorio.org/Squeak/Instalacion#head-9f31bb7843147795b89ecbe76e961b906a672c12

you can use a automatic translation service if you don't read Spanish.
Click and run installation of Seaside/Squeak is the easiest way I have
found for installing and running Squeak.

Cheers,

Offray

Re: Install Squeak 3.9 or 3.10 in a Core 2 Duo (64 bits) with Ubuntu

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas
Hi Juan Carlos,

Have you follow the tutorial or just give a quick look? If you _follow_
the instructions, you will see that you can, using Seaside One Click
experience, enable multiple images just copying the proper images and
changes files for the desired Squeak (3.9 or 3.10) and modifying the
Seaside.sh file for accordingly.

Please let me now which part of the text is not clear enough once you
try to make what it says. Remeber is a wiki, so you can rewrite the
parts you one to make it clearer.

Cheers,

Offray