Installing Seaside 2.8/3.0 in 4.1 trunk image

Installing Seaside 2.8/3.0 in 4.1 trunk image

Chris Cunnington
There are two ways to install Seaside, whether 3.0 or 2.8.3: MetacelloRepository or "by hand" using Monticello. I have been a big proponent of Metacello because it saves me work. One step; you're done. Now I have reason to feel that it's not perfect.

If I install Seaside 3.0 using MetacelloRepository on Squeak Source, all is well.

If I try the same thing using ConfiguationOfSeaside28-DaleHenrichs.18.mcz from MonticelloRepository. Didn't work. There is no CSS. This is not good. Suspecting a change, I tried ConfiguationOfSeaside28-DaleHenrichs.10.mcz. Same result. No CSS.

Here's were it gets weird. If anybody is not a convert to Metacello, here's something to note.

If I install the old fashioned way of loading 2.8.3, then there is no problem installing in trunk image 4.1-9745-alpha.

That requires doing it with Monticello "by hand". Go to KomHttpServer. Intall DynamicBindings, KomServices, and KomHttpServer. Then go to Seaside, access the 2.8a1, and download the latest version. Start in a Workspace with WAKom startOn: 8080, and it works.

This is actually pretty shocking to me, as I'd begun to regard on Metacello as the non plus ultra.

Chris

re: Installing Seaside 2.8/3.0 in 4.1 trunk image

Dale
Hey Chris,

I just looked into this issue and it turns that when you manually loaded the package you probably loaded Seaside2.8a1-lr.597, whereas ConfigurationOfSeasdie28 was loading Seaside2.8a1-lr.596...

Seaside2.8a1-lr.597 has a fix for Issue 517 in which WaFileLibrary>>fileSelectors was broken in Squeak...which caused the css files to not be sent to the browser ...

I've saved a new version of ConfigurationOfSeaside28 referencing the new mcz file...

Dale

Re: Installing Seaside 2.8/3.0 in 4.1 trunk image

Chris Cunnington
That did the trick.
Seaside 2.8 now loads perfectly now into the Trunk 4.1 image.
Thank you for taking the time.

Chris