Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Installing Seaside 2.8/3.0 in 4.1 trunk image

Chris Cunnington
There are two ways to install Seaside, whether 3.0 or 2.8.3: MetacelloRepository or "by hand" using Monticello. I have been a big proponent of Metacello because it saves me work. One step; you're done. Now I have reason to feel that it's not perfect. 

If I install Seaside 3.0 using MetacelloRepository on Squeak Source, all is well. 

If I try the same thing using ConfiguationOfSeaside28-DaleHenrichs.18.mcz from MonticelloRepository. Didn't work. There is no CSS. This is not good. Suspecting a change, I tried ConfiguationOfSeaside28-DaleHenrichs.10.mcz. Same result. No CSS. 

Here's were it gets weird. If anybody is not a convert to Metacello, here's something to note.

If I install the old fashioned way of loading 2.8.3, then there is no problem installing in trunk image 4.1-9745-alpha. 

That requires doing it with Monticello "by hand". Go to KomHttpServer. Intall DynamicBindings, KomServices, and KomHttpServer. Then go to Seaside, access the 2.8a1, and download the latest version. Start in a Workspace with WAKom startOn: 8080, and it works. 

This is actually pretty shocking to me, as I'd begun to regard on Metacello as the non plus ultra.

Chris 

Reply | Threaded
|

re: Installing Seaside 2.8/3.0 in 4.1 trunk image

Dale
Hey Chris,

I just looked into this issue and it turns that when you manually loaded the package you probably loaded Seaside2.8a1-lr.597, whereas ConfigurationOfSeasdie28 was loading Seaside2.8a1-lr.596...

Seaside2.8a1-lr.597 has a fix for Issue 517 in which WaFileLibrary>>fileSelectors was broken in Squeak...which caused the css files to not be sent to the browser ...

I've saved a new version of ConfigurationOfSeaside28 referencing the new mcz file...

Dale

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Installing Seaside 2.8/3.0 in 4.1 trunk image

Chris Cunnington
In reply to this post by Chris Cunnington
That did the trick. 
Seaside 2.8 now loads perfectly now into the Trunk 4.1 image.
Thank you for taking the time. 

Chris