Installing Seaside - 99.2% Green

Chris Cunnington
Nothing much to report.

2.8.* loads easily. WAKom startOn: 8080. No problem getting a page.

MetacelloRepository from squeaksource.com. ConfigurationOfSeaside28-dkh.19.

Test Runner says:
284 run, 282 passes
WABacktrackingTest>>#testDictionary
WABacktrackingTest>>#testOrderedCollection

3.0*loads easily. WAKom startOn: 8080. No problem getting a page.

MetacelloRepository from squeaksource.com. ConfigurationOfSeaside30-DaleHenrichs.139.

Test Runner says:
1010 run, 1009 passes
WABacktrackingTest>>#testDictionary

Seaside Installation:

Chris

Re: Installing Seaside - 99.2% Green

Frank Shearar
Chris Cunnington wrote:
> Nothing much to report.

<snip>

> MetacelloRepository from squeaksource.com <http://squeaksource.com>.
> ConfigurationOfSeaside30-DaleHenrichs.139.
>
> Test Runner says:
> 1010 run, 1009 passes
> WABacktrackingTest>>#testDictionary

frank

Re: Installing Seaside - 99.2% Green

Levente Uzonyi-2
On Sun, 4 Apr 2010, Chris Cunnington wrote:

> Nothing much to report.
>
> 2.8.* loads easily. WAKom startOn: 8080. No problem getting a page.
>
> MetacelloRepository from squeaksource.com. ConfigurationOfSeaside28-dkh.19.
>
> Test Runner says:
> 284 run, 282 passes
> WABacktrackingTest>>#testDictionary
> WABacktrackingTest>>#testOrderedCollection

The latter is a Seaside bug. Someone with a google account should open an
issue for it. OrderedCollection >> #snapshotCopy is missing (though
OrderedCollection >> #restoreFromSnapshot: is there).

The other was reported earlier as others pointed out and the Seaside
developers don't seem to be cooperative in this. So we can:
- ignore this issue for now and wait till Pharo 1.1 splits Set and
Dictionary, then the Seaside developers will fix it by themselves.
- create our own version of Seaside-Squeak-Core package (as Julian
suggested) which'd be the same as Seaside-Pharo-Core + this 2 methods.
- create and maintain our own packager/builder/loader (as Lukas
suggested). That would be copying all Pharo packages, and add these 2
methods to Seaside-Squeak-Core.

The latter two would require a new repository, a maintainer and changing
the Metacello configurations, so I'd go with the first option.

Levente

Levente Uzonyi wrote:

> On Sun, 4 Apr 2010, Chris Cunnington wrote:
>
>> Nothing much to report.
>>
>> 2.8.* loads easily. WAKom startOn: 8080. No problem getting a page.
>>
>> MetacelloRepository from squeaksource.com.
>> ConfigurationOfSeaside28-dkh.19.
>>
>> Test Runner says:
>> 284 run, 282 passes
>> WABacktrackingTest>>#testDictionary
>> WABacktrackingTest>>#testOrderedCollection
>
> The latter is a Seaside bug. Someone with a google account should open
> an issue for it. OrderedCollection >> #snapshotCopy is missing (though
> OrderedCollection >> #restoreFromSnapshot: is there).
>
> The other was reported earlier as others pointed out and the Seaside
> developers don't seem to be cooperative in this.

I don't think that's entirely fair: they're more than happy to have
Seaside run on Squeak. They're just not prepared to do our job for us.

 > So we can:
> - ignore this issue for now and wait till Pharo 1.1 splits Set and
> Dictionary, then the Seaside developers will fix it by themselves.
> - create our own version of Seaside-Squeak-Core package (as Julian
> suggested) which'd be the same as Seaside-Pharo-Core + this 2 methods.

I vote for this one. Radoslav Hodnicak expressed an interest in
(co)maintaining a Seaside-Squeak-Core. I suppose I'm tentatively putting
up my hand here too?

frank

On Mon, 5 Apr 2010, Frank Shearar wrote:

> Levente Uzonyi wrote:
>> On Sun, 4 Apr 2010, Chris Cunnington wrote:
>>
>>> Nothing much to report.
>>>
>>> 2.8.* loads easily. WAKom startOn: 8080. No problem getting a page.
>>>
>>> MetacelloRepository from squeaksource.com.
>>> ConfigurationOfSeaside28-dkh.19.
>>>
>>> Test Runner says:
>>> 284 run, 282 passes
>>> WABacktrackingTest>>#testDictionary
>>> WABacktrackingTest>>#testOrderedCollection
>>
>> The latter is a Seaside bug. Someone with a google account should open an
>> issue for it. OrderedCollection >> #snapshotCopy is missing (though
>> OrderedCollection >> #restoreFromSnapshot: is there).
>>
>> The other was reported earlier as others pointed out and the Seaside
>> developers don't seem to be cooperative in this.
>
> I don't think that's entirely fair: they're more than happy to have Seaside
> run on Squeak. They're just not prepared to do our job for us.
>
>> So we can:
>> - ignore this issue for now and wait till Pharo 1.1 splits Set and
>> Dictionary, then the Seaside developers will fix it by themselves.
>> - create our own version of Seaside-Squeak-Core package (as Julian
>> suggested) which'd be the same as Seaside-Pharo-Core + this 2 methods.
>
> I vote for this one. Radoslav Hodnicak expressed an interest in
> (co)maintaining a Seaside-Squeak-Core. I suppose I'm tentatively putting up
> my hand here too?

There's no point in splitting if Seaside-Squeak-Core and
Seaside-Pharo-Core will be the same in less than a month IMHO.

Levente

Levente Uzonyi wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Apr 2010, Frank Shearar wrote:

>>> The latter is a Seaside bug. Someone with a google account should
>>> open an issue for it. OrderedCollection >> #snapshotCopy is missing
>>> (though OrderedCollection >> #restoreFromSnapshot: is there).
>>>
>>> The other was reported earlier as others pointed out and the Seaside
>>> developers don't seem to be cooperative in this.
>>
>> I don't think that's entirely fair: they're more than happy to have
>> Seaside run on Squeak. They're just not prepared to do our job for us.
>>
>>> So we can:
>>> - ignore this issue for now and wait till Pharo 1.1 splits Set and
>>> Dictionary, then the Seaside developers will fix it by themselves.
>>> - create our own version of Seaside-Squeak-Core package (as Julian
>>> suggested) which'd be the same as Seaside-Pharo-Core + this 2 methods.
>>
>> I vote for this one. Radoslav Hodnicak expressed an interest in
>> (co)maintaining a Seaside-Squeak-Core. I suppose I'm tentatively
>> putting up my hand here too?
>
> There's no point in splitting if Seaside-Squeak-Core and
> Seaside-Pharo-Core will be the same in less than a month IMHO.

I don't follow the Pharo list: do they plan to do what we did with
regards to Dictionary and Set? (Could we persuade them to?)

frank

Re: Installing Seaside - 99.2% Green

Levente Uzonyi-2
On Mon, 5 Apr 2010, Frank Shearar wrote:

> Levente Uzonyi wrote:

>>> I don't think that's entirely fair: they're more than happy to have
>>> Seaside run on Squeak. They're just not prepared to do our job for us.

>>> I vote for this one. Radoslav Hodnicak expressed an interest in
>>> (co)maintaining a Seaside-Squeak-Core. I suppose I'm tentatively putting
>>> up my hand here too?
>>
>> There's no point in splitting if Seaside-Squeak-Core and Seaside-Pharo-Core
>> will be the same in less than a month IMHO.
>
> I don't follow the Pharo list: do they plan to do what we did with regards to
> Dictionary and Set? (Could we persuade them to?)

Read this thread:
http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/pipermail/pharo-project/2010-March/023289.html

Levente

Levente Uzonyi wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Apr 2010, Frank Shearar wrote:

>>> There's no point in splitting if Seaside-Squeak-Core and
>>> Seaside-Pharo-Core will be the same in less than a month IMHO.
>>
>> I don't follow the Pharo list: do they plan to do what we did with
>> regards to Dictionary and Set? (Could we persuade them to?)
>
> Read this thread:
> http://lists.gforge.inria.fr/pipermail/pharo-project/2010-March/023289.html

Ah, great!

If that test's a false negative, as it looks to be, then we should just
wait.

frank

On Mon, 5 Apr 2010, Levente Uzonyi wrote:

> On Sun, 4 Apr 2010, Chris Cunnington wrote:
>
>> Nothing much to report.
>>
>> 2.8.* loads easily. WAKom startOn: 8080. No problem getting a page.
>>
>> MetacelloRepository from squeaksource.com. ConfigurationOfSeaside28-dkh.19.
>>
>> Test Runner says:
>> 284 run, 282 passes
>> WABacktrackingTest>>#testDictionary
>> WABacktrackingTest>>#testOrderedCollection
>
> The latter is a Seaside bug. Someone with a google account should open an
> issue for it. OrderedCollection >> #snapshotCopy is missing (though
> OrderedCollection >> #restoreFromSnapshot: is there).
>
> The other was reported earlier as others pointed out and the Seaside
> developers don't seem to be cooperative in this. So we can:
> - ignore this issue for now and wait till Pharo 1.1 splits Set and
> Dictionary, then the Seaside developers will fix it by themselves.
> - create our own version of Seaside-Squeak-Core package (as Julian suggested)
> which'd be the same as Seaside-Pharo-Core + this 2 methods.
> - create and maintain our own packager/builder/loader (as Lukas suggested).
> That would be copying all Pharo packages, and add these 2 methods to
> Seaside-Squeak-Core.
>
> The latter two would require a new repository, a maintainer and changing the
> Metacello configurations, so I'd go with the first option.

After reading the seaside-dev list I found that I was wrong about
cooperation:
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside-dev/2010-March/004033.html .
The issue is solved with Seaside-Pharo-Core-lr.6.

Levente