Installing SqueakSSL automatically?

Frank Shearar-3
http://www.squeaksource.com/WebClient/ says

To install SqueakSSL you need to download and install the binary
version of the plugin and then install SqueakSSL via:

(Installer ss)
        project: 'SqueakSSL';
                install: 'SqueakSSL-Core';
                install: 'SqueakSSL-Tests'.

But how do I install the plugin? Is it possible to do so
programmatically/in an automated fashion?

Otherwise these will stay sad and yellow:
http://build.squeak.org/job/ExternalPackage-WebClient/1/#showFailuresLink

frank

RE: Installing SqueakSSL automatically?

Ron Teitelbaum
Hi Frank,

You need to either build the plugin yourself or you could download the
binary files from here:

http://code.google.com/p/squeakssl/downloads/detail?name=SqueakSSL-bin-0.1.5
.zip&can=2&q=

All the best

Ron Teitelbaum

Hi Ron,

Thanks. I take it it's a Windows only plugin then?

frank

On 25 February 2013 19:52, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Ron,
>
> Thanks. I take it it's a Windows only plugin then?

No, it's not, thankfully. (Next time I'll spare the 5 minutes and
glance at the source!)

> frank
>
> On 25 February 2013 19:28, Ron Teitelbaum <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Frank,
>>
>> You need to either build the plugin yourself or you could download the
>> binary files from here:
>>
>> http://code.google.com/p/squeakssl/downloads/detail?name=SqueakSSL-bin-0.1.5
>> .zip&can=2&q=
>>
>> All the best
>>
>> Ron Teitelbaum

The plugin is really very cool.  It's really just a wrapper on the platform
implementation of SSL.

So for linux you need to make sure you have OpenSSL installed but for Win
and Mac it just uses the built in implementations.  It's an excellent
implementation and quite fast.

All the best,

Ron Teitelbaum

Yes, it's very thin. I just have to figure out how exactly to install
it. Apparently, all I need to do is drop the so.SqueakSSL "in the VM
directory", the correct execution of which currently eludes me.

frank

On 25 February 2013 20:51, Ron Teitelbaum <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Frank,
>
> The plugin is really very cool.  It's really just a wrapper on the platform
> implementation of SSL.
>
> So for linux you need to make sure you have OpenSSL installed but for Win
> and Mac it just uses the built in implementations.  It's an excellent
> implementation and quite fast.
>
> All the best,
>
> Ron Teitelbaum

I may have lead you down the wrong path.  We are not using the so.SqueakSSL
it looks like we built the linux plugin ourselves.

That file may still work, you need to put it into the linux plugins
directory.

cogvm\lib\squeak\3.9-7

Hope that helps,

Ron Teitelbaum