Is there a VMware image of Squeak and Apache?

Is there a VMware image of Squeak and Apache?

Andy Burnett
Following on from my question about SSL and Squeak  (thanks Lukas and Kyle for your answers - very helpful).  I realised that what I really need is a version of Apache which is configured to run with Squeak (or Gemstone), and which already has all the 'bits' set so that I can concentrate on the Smalltalk without having to worry about a totally different system - that I know nothing about.

Does such a thing exist?  Or, would it actually be a dangerous/unhelpful idea because Apache must always be configured differently for your specific needs yada etc. etc.

Ideally, I would like the simplicity of a Squeak image, expanded to include the whole web serving environment.

cheers
AB

Re: Is there a VMware image of Squeak and Apache?

Markus Fritsche
Andy Burnett <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Does such a thing exist?  Or, would it actually be a dangerous/unhelpful
> idea because Apache must always be configured differently for your
> specific needs yada etc. etc.

Just install apache (WAMPP or your distribution's package) and put
ProxyPassReverse in your configuration. google for "seaside
proxypassreverse". Same could be done with any web app.

Re: Is there a VMware image of Squeak and Apache?

Clayton Cottingham-3
check the vmware appliance repository

if such a thing doesnt exist it wouldnt be too hard to put together

the gemstone version would still require a 64bit machine to run on

ive been working on making developer vmware images at work , not squeak
related

here is the digest version of the steps involved

 download vmplayer or fusion if u are on a mac and install

then go to http://www.easyvmx.com/  and make the starting vmware appliance

from there just install your os of choice, {vmware allows you to use an
iso as an cdrom}

setup apache and squeak

From: Clayton Cottingham <[hidden email]>

check the vmware appliance repository

if such a thing doesnt exist it wouldnt be too hard to put together

the gemstone version would still require a 64bit machine to run on

ive been working on making developer vmware images at work , not squeak
related

here is the digest version of the steps involved

 download vmplayer or fusion if u are on a mac and install

then go to http://www.easyvmx.com/  and make the starting vmware appliance

from there just install your os of choice, {vmware allows you to use an
iso as an cdrom}

setup apache and squeak

Thanks Clayton, that's very helpful

cheers
AB

Unsubscribe

Pedro Pereira-4
Greetings

How do I unsubscribe from this list?
Thank you

Pedro

Windows Live Messenger. O melhor em multitarefa.

Re: Unsubscribe

Michael van der Gulik-2
On 5/6/09, Pedro Pereira <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Greetings
>
> How do I unsubscribe from this list?
>
> Thank you

There's a link at the bottom of every email on this list. That gives
you instructions on how to unsubscribe.

Gulik

--
http://gulik.pbwiki.com/