Is there a calendar morph?

Louis LaBrunda
Hi All,

My clock morph is coming along nicely thanks to Tim and Bob.  It is intended to be used on a
full screen display.  Since displays are rectangular I'm thinking of putting the clock on one
side and maybe a calendar on the other.  Is there a calendar morph or a grid morph I can use to
make a calendar morph?  Any suggestions?

Lou
--
Louis LaBrunda
Keystone Software Corp.

Re: Is there a calendar morph?

Herbert König

Hi Lou,

entering 'Calendar' in the search field will give you a CalendarMorph.

Nope to fullscreen as you see in the image.

The version in Squeak 3.8 below was better suited but the numbers still don't scale. The blue background is an extension of mine.

Cheers,

Herbert

Am 20.12.2017 um 22:26 schrieb Louis LaBrunda:
Hi All,

My clock morph is coming along nicely thanks to Tim and Bob.  It is intended to be used on a
full screen display.  Since displays are rectangular I'm thinking of putting the clock on one
side and maybe a calendar on the other.  Is there a calendar morph or a grid morph I can use to
make a calendar morph?  Any suggestions?

Lou

Calendar.png (18K) Download Attachment

Re: Is there a calendar morph?

marcel.taeumel
Hi Lou,

you can try wrapping it into a transform morph:

(TransformationMorph new asFlexOf: CalendarMorph new)
smoothing: 8;
extent: 500@500;
topLeft: 0@0;
openInWorld.

Best,
Marcel

Am 21.12.2017 21:32:28 schrieb Herbert König <[hidden email]>:

Hi Lou,

entering 'Calendar' in the search field will give you a CalendarMorph.

Nope to fullscreen as you see in the image.

The version in Squeak 3.8 below was better suited but the numbers still don't scale. The blue background is an extension of mine.

Cheers,

Herbert

Am 20.12.2017 um 22:26 schrieb Louis LaBrunda:
Hi All,

My clock morph is coming along nicely thanks to Tim and Bob.  It is intended to be used on a
full screen display.  Since displays are rectangular I'm thinking of putting the clock on one
side and maybe a calendar on the other.  Is there a calendar morph or a grid morph I can use to
make a calendar morph?  Any suggestions?

Lou

Is there a calendar morph?

Louis LaBrunda
Hi Herbert and Marcel,

Thanks for your answers.  I don't find any kind of Calendar morph in my 5.1 image.  Is there a
package I can load?

I do need the numbers to scale so Marcel's hint may help.

If I decide to roll my own, is there a tile, text or table morph that I should start with to
make the cells for the days?

Lou

On Fri, 22 Dec 2017 08:42:08 +0100, Marcel Taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi Lou,
>
>you can try wrapping it into a transform morph:
>
>(TransformationMorph new asFlexOf: CalendarMorph new)
>smoothing: 8;
>extent: 500@500;
>topLeft: 0@0;
>openInWorld.
>
>Best,
>Marcel
>Am 21.12.2017 21:32:28 schrieb Herbert König <[hidden email]>:
>Hi Lou,
>
>entering 'Calendar' in the search field will give you a CalendarMorph.
>Nope to fullscreen as you see in the image.
>The version in Squeak 3.8 below was better suited but the numbers still don't scale. The blue background is an extension of mine.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Herbert
>

>Am 20.12.2017 um 22:26 schrieb Louis LaBrunda:
>
>Hi All, My clock morph is coming along nicely thanks to Tim and Bob. It is intended to be used on a full screen display. Since displays are rectangular I'm thinking of putting the clock on one side and maybe a calendar on the other. Is there a calendar morph or a grid morph I can use to make a calendar morph? Any suggestions? Lou
--
Louis LaBrunda
Keystone Software Corp.
SkypeMe callto://PhotonDemon

Re: Is there a calendar morph?

Herbert König
Sorry Lou,

I checked in 6.0 not 5.1. So either try to update to trunk or if that's
too risky get a 6.0 image and export it from there.

The image from 3.8 was a MonthMorph extended by me. MonthMorph isn't in
5.1 either.

Cheers,

Herbert

Am 22.12.2017 um 16:51 schrieb Louis LaBrunda:

> Hi Herbert and Marcel,
>
> Thanks for your answers.  I don't find any kind of Calendar morph in my 5.1 image.  Is there a
> package I can load?
>
> I do need the numbers to scale so Marcel's hint may help.
>
> If I decide to roll my own, is there a tile, text or table morph that I should start with to
> make the cells for the days?
>
> Lou
>
> On Fri, 22 Dec 2017 08:42:08 +0100, Marcel Taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Lou,
>>
>> you can try wrapping it into a transform morph:
>>
>> (TransformationMorph new asFlexOf: CalendarMorph new)
>> smoothing: 8;
>> extent: 500@500;
>> topLeft: 0@0;
>> openInWorld.
>>
>> Best,
>> Marcel
>> Am 21.12.2017 21:32:28 schrieb Herbert König <[hidden email]>:
>> Hi Lou,
>>
>> entering 'Calendar' in the search field will give you a CalendarMorph.
>> Nope to fullscreen as you see in the image.
>> The version in Squeak 3.8 below was better suited but the numbers still don't scale. The blue background is an extension of mine.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Herbert
>>

>> Am 20.12.2017 um 22:26 schrieb Louis LaBrunda:
>>
>> Hi All, My clock morph is coming along nicely thanks to Tim and Bob. It is intended to be used on a full screen display. Since displays are rectangular I'm thinking of putting the clock on one side and maybe a calendar on the other. Is there a calendar morph or a grid morph I can use to make a calendar morph? Any suggestions? Lou

Re: Is there a calendar morph?

marcel.taeumel
Hi, there.

The CalendarMorph came with the recent Etoys mergings for Squeak 6.0 Alpha (Trunk).

Best,
Marcel