Is there a function where I can get a mouse and a keyboard event at the same time?

Is there a function where I can get a mouse and a keyboard event at the same time?

sachuraju
Following up on the Rubik's cube, now what I want to capture a mouse click as well as a keyboard press. This would enable me to implement the logic of

If mouse button is pressed, and if button 'x' is pressed on the keyboard, then rotate the cube about 'x' axis, and similarly for rotations around y axis and z axis if buttons 'y' and 'z' are pressed?

Re: Is there a function where I can get a mouse and a keyboard event at the same time?

dpharris
You are welcome ... you are free to change your password, and I think
to change your info on the website under Staff.

Cheers,
David

On 4/24/13, sachuraju <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Following up on the Rubik's cube, now what I want to capture a mouse click
> as
> well as a keyboard press. This would enable me to implement the logic of
>
> If mouse button is pressed, and if button 'x' is pressed on the keyboard,
> then rotate the cube about 'x' axis, and similarly for rotations around y
> axis and z axis if buttons 'y' and 'z' are pressed?

RE: Is there a function where I can get a mouse and a keyboard event at the same time?

David P. Reed

There's no such thing as simultaneous.... however, you can watch key-up and key-down events and thus know the state of the "x" key as of the time the mouseclick arrives.

On Wednesday, April 24, 2013 6:53pm, "sachuraju" <[hidden email]> said:

> Following up on the Rubik's cube, now what I want to capture a mouse click as

> well as a keyboard press. This would enable me to implement the logic of
>
> If mouse button is pressed, and if button 'x' is pressed on the keyboard,
> then rotate the cube about 'x' axis, and similarly for rotations around y
> axis and z axis if buttons 'y' and 'z' are pressed?

Re: Is there a function where I can get a mouse and a keyboard event at the same time?

sachuraju
Thank you for your reply.. Let me go ahead and try it..

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 6:32 AM, David P. Reed [via Smalltalk] <[hidden email]> wrote:

There's no such thing as simultaneous.... however, you can watch key-up and key-down events and thus know the state of the "x" key as of the time the mouseclick arrives.

On Wednesday, April 24, 2013 6:53pm, "sachuraju" <[hidden email]> said:

> Following up on the Rubik's cube, now what I want to capture a mouse click as

> well as a keyboard press. This would enable me to implement the logic of
>
> If mouse button is pressed, and if button 'x' is pressed on the keyboard,
> then rotate the cube about 'x' axis, and similarly for rotations around y
> axis and z axis if buttons 'y' and 'z' are pressed?

To unsubscribe from Is there a function where I can get a mouse and a keyboard event at the same time?, click here.
NAML