Is there a simple way /automatic way to extract sar data

Is there a simple way /automatic way to extract sar data

jain sandeep

Please help me to collect the useful information from sar..

I would like to have any script which extract the sar and provide the useful information in simple form.

Perl or shell script…???

Thanks!

Sandeep Jain

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Is there a simple way /automatic way to extract sar data

David T. Lewis
On Sun, Dec 17, 2006 at 09:58:33AM -0800, jain sandeep wrote:
> Please help me to collect the useful information from sar..
>
> I would like to have any script which extract the sar and provide the useful information in simple form.
> Perl or shell script????

Sandeep,

A sar file is just a zip file. You can use shell script or perl or Squeak to
list the contents of a sar or extract the files from a sar.

Dave