JMM/iOS64

johnmci

I've pushed a branch that should allow one to build and run the stack vm using the 64 bit spur memory model on iOS 64 bit ARM.  I've used a Cuis5.0-3081-spur-64.image as proof of concept. If anyone wants to help integrate the Objective-C changes I do have an Objective-C aware version of that image. Note there are many nasty edges in making objective-c object via smalltalk due to things like auto-release pools, and ARC. Don't cut yourself...

As a bonus, if you build as SqueakOSX it will run the same Cuis image on 64Bit OSX.

Obviously this is not up to date, nor an official build, but allows one to thinker on IOS.

John M. McIntosh. Corporate Smalltalk Consulting Ltd https://www.linkedin.com/in/smalltalk

Re: JMM/iOS64

Hernan Wilkinson-3

Great! so nice to see it working!

Thanks John

--
Hernán Wilkinson
Agile Software Development, Teaching & Coaching