Jade Autocompletation

BrunoBB
Hi all,

I'm working in a simple package to implement autocompletation in Jade.

It does not call the server to get autocompletation options (i think we talked with James about this sometime ago) but rather store information as the user click the JadeSystemBrowserPresenter.

It uses two classes for this:
JadeGsClassShape - after user click store (class name, method names, class inst var, class var and so on)
JadeAutocompletationRegistry - global cache of all instances of JadeGsClassShape.

To achieve this i have added two classes:
JadeSystemBrowserPresenter>>JadeAutoSystemBrowserPresenter
JadeTextPresenter>>JadeAutoTextPresenter

How it works:
After a tab: it show all inst var of selected class and all classes names.
After space
    * it show all methods for selected class if previous word was "self".
    * it show all inst var of selected class and all classes names if previous word was ":=".
This it will need a pane for autocompletation options (filter object methods, filter "_xxx" methods and so on)

This is not my main Glass project and i build this while working in my main Glass project. When the autocompletation works as expected i will send the package.

Regards,
Bruno

Re: Jade Autocompletation

BrunoBB
Here is an example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alSrmoDdr_4

Regards,
Bruno

Re: [Glass] Jade Autocompletation

marten
Cool !

Marten

--
Marten Feldtmann

Re: [Glass] Jade Autocompletation

BrunoBB
Hi,

Good you like it.

Now the autocompletation is working well. In a couple of days after more testing i will send the package to James.

Autocompletation can be disabled.

The Autocompletation registry get more methods as the user click different classes in the Browser so it can show you more options to choose.

Still missing:
* Autocompletation only query instance side of a class (the class side works but shows instance methods)
* classVars, classInstVars, poolDictionaries are not in the equation yet.

Regards,
Bruno

Re: [Glass] Jade Autocompletation

BrunoBB
Hi All,

The Autocompletation for Jade is almost finished.

Features:
* Enable/disable autocompletation, object methods, and primitive methods.
* Autocompletation after: space, alphanumeric key, right alt.
* Autocompletation configuration shell (F2 or Shift + F2 on workspace):
   + Set parameters text for messages
   + Set var names mapping (for example html>>WAHtmlCanvas). Each you type html the autocompleation engine will map 'html' wiht WAHtmlCanvas class showing it's methods.

Remember Autocompletation registry depends on the classes you have clicked inside the SystemBrowser in order to get autocompletation information. For this it will good to store the registry before closing the image (or EXE) in order to persist the autocompletation registry.

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOkyOgBsw6E

In the weekend i will send the package to Jame to integrate it with Jade Core.

Regards,
Bruno

Re: [Glass] Jade Autocompletation

James Foster-9
This does look quite nice. I’m looking forward to it!

James

On Mar 12, 2014, at 7:14 AM, BrunoBB <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> The Autocompletation for Jade is almost finished.
>
> Features:
> * Enable/disable autocompletation, object methods, and primitive methods.
> * Autocompletation after: space, alphanumeric key, right alt.
> * Autocompletation configuration shell (F2 or Shift + F2 on workspace):
>   + Set parameters text for messages
>   + Set var names mapping (for example html>>WAHtmlCanvas). Each you type
> html the autocompleation engine will map 'html' wiht WAHtmlCanvas class
> showing it's methods.
>
> Remember Autocompletation registry depends on the classes you have clicked
> inside the SystemBrowser in order to get autocompletation information. For
> this it will good to store the registry before closing the image (or EXE) in
> order to persist the autocompletation registry.
>
> Video:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOkyOgBsw6E
>
> In the weekend i will send the package to Jame to integrate it with Jade
> Core.
>
> Regards,
> Bruno

Re: [Glass] Jade Autocompletation

James Foster-9
All,

A new version (1.030) of Jade is available at http://seaside.gemtalksystems.com/jade/. This version has Autocompletion installed but turned off by default. To turn it on, log in to a database, from the Transcript window select the ‘Configure Autocompletion’ menu command from the ‘Jade’ menu. This will open a configuration window where you can check the box to enable Autocompletion.

I’m just starting to play with this myself, but it looks like Bruno has given us something quite useful! Try it out and give us feedback!

[...]

Not useable here - whenever I select a class within the System Browser I
get an error dialog "undefined object does not understand #first.

Marten

"Am 18.03.2014 17:55, schrieb James Foster:
> All,
>
> A new version (1.030) of Jade is available

Re: [Glass] Jade Autocompletation

marten
Hi, the problem is only available in the hierarchy view (when I select a
class) of the system browser ...

Marten

Am 20.03.2014 10:23, schrieb [hidden email]:

> Not useable here - whenever I select a class within the System Browser I
> get an error dialog "undefined object does not understand #first.
>
> Marten
>
> "Am 18.03.2014 17:55, schrieb James Foster:
>> All,
>>
>> A new version (1.030) of Jade is available

Marten Feldtmann

Re: [Glass] Jade Autocompletation

marten
I enabled it (in the dialog), but nothing happens while entering code -
no pop up or whatsever is expected.

Marten

Am 18.03.2014 17:55, schrieb James Foster:

> All,
>
> A new version (1.030) of Jade is available
> at http://seaside.gemtalksystems.com/jade/. This version has
> Autocompletion installed but turned off by default. To turn it on, log
> in to a database, from the Transcript window select the ‘Configure
> Autocompletion’ menu command from the ‘Jade’ menu. This will open a
> configuration window where you can check the box to enable Autocompletion.
>
> I’m just starting to play with this myself, but it looks like Bruno has
> given us something quite useful! Try it out and give us feedback!

Re: [Glass] Jade Autocompletation

BrunoBB
Marten,

You have to select some classes in the System Browser then the autocompletion it will start to popup some options. (Use the hierarchy class to do the selection)

Each time you select a class the autocompletion mechanism store info about the class. If you do not click any class -> the autocompletion registry it will be empty.

If you find any bug report it...

Regards,
Bruno

Re: [Glass] Jade Autocompletation

James Foster-9
Hi Marten,

Yesterday Bruno made a few fixes that got uploaded without public announcements. We are up to version 1.034 and expect another one later today (in the Americas, which might be tomorrow in Europe!).

James

On Mar 20, 2014, at 2:23 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Not useable here - whenever I select a class within the System Browser I
> get an error dialog "undefined object does not understand #first.
>
> Marten
>
> "Am 18.03.2014 17:55, schrieb James Foster:
>> All,
>>
>> A new version (1.030) of Jade is available

Re: [Glass] Jade Autocompletation

marten
I just did a fast 1.034 check and there the pop-ups are coming !

Marten

Am 20.03.2014 14:07, schrieb BrunoBB:

> Marten,
>
> You have to select some classes in the System Browser then the
> autocompletion it will start to popup some options. (Use the hierarchy class
> to do the selection)
>
> Each time you select a class the autocompletion mechanism store info about
> the class. If you do not click any class -> the autocompletion registry it
> will be empty.
>
> If you find any bug report it...
>
> Regards,
> Bruno

Marten Feldtmann

Re: [Glass] Jade Autocompletation

BrunoBB
Marten,

Good to know about that.

Later today i'm going to send a package with some update for login data.
(it will not affect the behavior of the current version)

There is an issue that Gerhard is reporting that we need to store some execution data in order to know what is going on.

It will be a flag to enable the this log.

This is it will be useful in cases that we can NOT reproduce the bug that you are reporting.

Regards,
Bruno

Re: [Glass] Jade Autocompletation

marten
Hey,

I just started working with it, but something should be changed:

the selected entry should replace the text I'm actually typing - and not
that the selected entry should be added to the text.

when I typed "not" and I selected "notNil" (from the dialog) and this
results in "notnotNil" ...

Marten

--
Marten Feldtmann