Java fastest for server-side web apps?

LawsonEnglish
http://www.infoworld.com/t/java-programming/surprise-java-fastest-server-side-web-apps-230565?source=IFWNLE_nlt_daily_pm_2013-11-11

It doesn't look as if Seaside was even considered.

Squeak from the very start (introduction to Squeak and Pharo Smalltalk for the (almost) complete and compleate beginner).
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6601A198DF14788D&feature=view_all

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." - Brian Kernighan

Re: Java fastest for server-side web apps?

Stephan Eggermont-3
The tests are not very relevant for most real world situations
http://www.techempower.com/benchmarks/#section=code&hw=i7&test=plaintext

I use Seaside because it allows me to scale down, not up: get lots of
functionality to market faster, and maintainable.

Stephan

Re: Java fastest for server-side web apps?

timrowledge

> On Nov 11, 2013, at 14:01, Lawson English <[hidden email]> wrote:

Ah, now there is a name I'd been hoping to see for a while.

Lawson, is there any chance that your video set can be made (is it already and I've simply not found the right ones?) up to date with the latest image ?
I've being recommending them to newcomers for a while with the proviso that some are a little out of date.
And in the rest of your copious spare time, any chance I could ask for some Scratch intro videos?

tim