classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Jenkins Mac Cocoa blessed

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Why are there both Jenkins Cog-Mac-Cocoa and Cog-Mac-Cocoa-blessed?
Cheers,
Sean
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Jenkins Mac Cocoa blessed

EstebanLM

Cog-Mac-Cocoa is built using my sources clone,  while Cog-Mac-Cocoa-blessed is made against "blessed" sources.
This born in esug... because we needed to make available some changes Igor and I made... and I didn't had my mac around :)
maybe we can remove it now, but I'm more or less happy with having a "more stable version" and an "integration version, who can fail and nobody except me cares".
I dunno, I'm open to change my mind... if this is too confusing for ppl, we can remove the "blessed" version.

best,
Esteban

El 12/09/2011, a las 1:22p.m., Sean P. DeNigris escribió:

>
> Why are there both Jenkins Cog-Mac-Cocoa and Cog-Mac-Cocoa-blessed?
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://forum.world.st/Jenkins-Mac-Cocoa-blessed-tp3807877p3807877.html
> Sent from the Squeak VM mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Reply | Threaded
|

Luc Fabresse

Hi all,

I like the idea of having:
 - blessed versions built on jenkins i.e. the ones that end-users like me should download
 - and maybe special jenkins build for VM developpers (Eliot, Esteban, Igor, ...)

Cheers,

#Luc

2011/9/12 Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]>

Cog-Mac-Cocoa is built using my sources clone,  while Cog-Mac-Cocoa-blessed is made against "blessed" sources.
This born in esug... because we needed to make available some changes Igor and I made... and I didn't had my mac around :)
maybe we can remove it now, but I'm more or less happy with having a "more stable version" and an "integration version, who can fail and nobody except me cares".
I dunno, I'm open to change my mind... if this is too confusing for ppl, we can remove the "blessed" version.

best,
Esteban

>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://forum.world.st/Jenkins-Mac-Cocoa-blessed-tp3807877p3807877.html

Reply | Threaded
|

Mariano Martinez Peck

+1 to this idea.

blessed -> final user VMs or people that wants to ALWAYS be able to compile a vm (even if it is not the very latest).
the other own -> vm developers  or anyone who want to build the very latest VM code assuming it can fail, not be in sync, whatever.

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 6:56 PM, Luc Fabresse <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

I like the idea of having:
 - blessed versions built on jenkins i.e. the ones that end-users like me should download
 - and maybe special jenkins build for VM developpers (Eliot, Esteban, Igor, ...)

Cheers,

#Luc

2011/9/12 Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]>

best,
Esteban

>
>
> --

--
Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com

Reply | Threaded
|

stephane ducasse-2
In reply to this post by Luc Fabresse

this is the idea behind the branding of VMs.

Stef

> Hi all,
>
>  I like the idea of having:
>  - blessed versions built on jenkins i.e. the ones that end-users like me should download
>  - and maybe special jenkins build for VM developpers (Eliot, Esteban, Igor, ...)
>
> Cheers,
>
> #Luc
>
>
>
> 2011/9/12 Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]>
>
> Cog-Mac-Cocoa is built using my sources clone,  while Cog-Mac-Cocoa-blessed is made against "blessed" sources.
> This born in esug... because we needed to make available some changes Igor and I made... and I didn't had my mac around :)
> maybe we can remove it now, but I'm more or less happy with having a "more stable version" and an "integration version, who can fail and nobody except me cares".
> I dunno, I'm open to change my mind... if this is too confusing for ppl, we can remove the "blessed" version.
>
> best,
> Esteban
>
> El 12/09/2011, a las 1:22p.m., Sean P. DeNigris escribió:
>
> >
> > Why are there both Jenkins Cog-Mac-Cocoa and Cog-Mac-Cocoa-blessed?
> >
> > --
> > View this message in context: http://forum.world.st/Jenkins-Mac-Cocoa-blessed-tp3807877p3807877.html
> > Sent from the Squeak VM mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>
>