Keyboard shortcuts in squeak (pharo)

Sébastien Serre
Hello,

Normaly, I use vim or emacs and find usefull to not use the mouse when I code.
I did not find any reference to the shortcuts used to manage windows, class
browther ect, in Pharo.
It should exist, some of them are show when I right clic (save, doit,
printit...), but google did not help me to find more.

Some shortcuts that I will find very usefull migth permit:
- to change the window focus (change windows)
- move between the parts of the class browser (packages, classes[instaces, ?,
class, hierarchy, variables...], categories, methods, edition),
- close tools, open tools (class browser, transcript, workspace...)

There maybe exist an alternative class browser/editor that will permit such
things?

Shortly, does anyone have the same horror of rats than me :), and what
solutions have you found?

Thanks in advance.

Sébastien

Re: Keyboard shortcuts in squeak (pharo)

Markus Schlager-2
Hi Sébastien,

I'm absolutely no expert on pharo, sharing your horror of rats though.

What I figured out so far:

Alt-. : user interrupt
Alt-w : close active window
Alt-b : browser
Alt-t : transcript
Alt-W : Message Names
Alt-C : Change Sorter

Markus

Re: Keyboard shortcuts in squeak (pharo)

Markus Schlager-2

Torsten pointed me to this:

> Just check the method #defaultDesktopCommandKeyTriplets in PasteUpMorph
>
> and you get all command keys for the world.
>
> Note that in Pharo there is an already fixed bug that has
> to be integrated (http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=2964).

But neither Alt-\ nor Strg-\ does what it's supposed to do here with pharo
4.1 on linux.

Markus

Re: Keyboard shortcuts in squeak (pharo)

Bert Freudenberg

On 14.09.2010, at 16:35, Markus Schlager wrote:

> Torsten pointed me to this:
>
>> Just check the method #defaultDesktopCommandKeyTriplets in PasteUpMorph
>> and you get all command keys for the world.
>> Note that in Pharo there is an already fixed bug that has
>> to be integrated (http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=2964).
>
> But neither Alt-\ nor Strg-\ does what it's supposed to do here with pharo 4.1 on linux.

Are you using a German keyboard by chance? What keys are you actually pressing?

- Bert -

Re: Keyboard shortcuts in squeak (pharo)

Markus Schlager-2
Hi Bert,

>> But neither Alt-\ nor Strg-\ does what it's supposed to do here with pharo 4.1 on linux.
>
> Are you using a German keyboard by chance? What keys are you actually pressing?

Yes, it's 'german eliminate dead keys'.

I'm pressing Alt+AltGr+[ß?\] or Strg+AltGr+[ß?\].

Markus

Re: Keyboard shortcuts in squeak (pharo)

Sébastien Serre
Thanks for the interest to my question.
I have found some more shortcuts on this
link:http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/uploads/SqueakLanguageRef.3.html.

> Just check the method #defaultDesktopCommandKeyTriplets in PasteUpMorph
I will look at this and the folowing message.

Regards

Seb

On Mon, 30 Aug 2010, sserre wrote:

> Some shortcuts that I will find very usefull migth permit:
> - to change the window focus (change windows)

Alt+<right> or Alt+<left> does this in pharo.

Markus

Re: Keyboard shortcuts in squeak (pharo)

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Sébastien Serre wrote
Normaly, I use vim or emacs and find usefull to not use the mouse when I code.
I missed this earlier.  The SVI project (on SqueakSource) brings vi key bindings to Squeak and works in 4.1.

Sean
Cheers,
Sean