"Kid Powered" Learning Worlds

RichWhite
Its hard to watch this and not immediately think of a Cobalt
implementation.  Its so close to the original Edusim concepts  its
hard to not see its influence

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvxeJbqZPgw
The Site: http://www2.shidonni.com

High order bits:
* Sketch based modeling ---> TPainter !
* "simple" animation  ---> Marks robot animation functions - havent
others done something with animation and the sketched mesh's ?
* "World" creation and sharing --->  C3D "repository" !
* Multi-user ("micro-group" to support 3-4 users) ----> Yay !

Obviously I like the "educational themed" worlds ... perhaps STEM
based ... perhaps to encourage grant funding ! But I love the "Powered
By Kids" sting Shidonni is strumming here (despite its glaring
limitations - only being 2D, among several others).

===

Re: "Kid Powered" Learning Worlds

Francisco A. Lizarralde-2
Hi Rich,

The drawing interface reminds me Plopp, implemented in Squeak too.

http://www.planet-plopp.com/en.html

Cheers,

Francisco