KomHttpServer

jgfoster

Is the Comanche service management GUI shown at http://squeaklab.org/comanche/httpserver/index.html still available in the latest KomHttpServer? If so, how is it started?

James

Re: KomHttpServer

Göran Krampe
Hi!

> Is the Comanche service management GUI shown at
> http://squeaklab.org/comanche/httpserver/index.html still available in the
> latest KomHttpServer? If so, how is it started?

The picture there shows the StarBrowser (by Ned Konz IIRC) and IIRC
StarBrowser has the code to deal with KomHttpServer if it is in the image.

AFAIK nothing has been removed from KomHttpServer after Stephen Pair
handed it over to me for maintenance (and yes, I should give it a overhaul
these days).

regards, Göran

Re: KomHttpServer

Edgar J. De Cleene

El 2/19/07 1:50 AM, "James Foster" <[hidden email]> escribió:

> Is the Comanche service management GUI shown at
> http://squeaklab.org/comanche/httpserver/index.html still available in the
> latest KomHttpServer? If so, how is it started?
>
> James

It's part of StarBrowser, what reminds me check the collection of
implementations what I have and see if could do a integration and ready for
3.10 thing.

Edgar

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
¡Probalo ya!
http://www.yahoo.com.ar/respuestas

RE: KomHttpServer and StarBrowser

jgfoster
My attempt to load StarBrowser from SqueakMap into a base 3.9 image gives an
error in IndentingListItemMorphWithIcon>>drawOn: with the complaint that the
block variable <icon> duplicates a name already used in the class. Does
anyone have a version of StarBrowser that works with the current image?
Could it be published to SqueakMap?

El 2/19/07 11:41 AM, "James Foster" <[hidden email]> escribió:

> My attempt to load StarBrowser from SqueakMap into a base 3.9 image gives an
> error in IndentingListItemMorphWithIcon>>drawOn: with the complaint that the
> block variable <icon> duplicates a name already used in the class. Does
> anyone have a version of StarBrowser that works with the current image?
> Could it be published to SqueakMap?

Give me some time.
I working on 3.10, and like to have as many "old friends" as possible, like
MathMorphs , MorphicWrappers and Fabrik.
I raise StarBrowser on list.
As I said, several Ned , Roel and others code exist, and not all have "all
nice things".

If you wish , could try Tamaris, another really nice tool what works in 3.9,
have nice documentation and sure you found help from his owner Alain Plantec

Edgar

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
¡Probalo ya!
http://www.yahoo.com.ar/respuestas

Re: KomHttpServer and StarBrowser

Giuseppe Luigi Punzi-2
Hi Edgar,

I tried to install Tamaris over Squeak-Dev76 to try it, and I get the
famous Error EOCD position.

Cheers.

--
Giuseppe Luigi Punzi - Consultor

       :: ZYO Consulting ::
email: [hidden email]
tlfno: +34 675 145 912
web: http://www.zyoconsulting.com

Re: KomHttpServer and StarBrowser

Travis Kay
You can download the Tamaris sar manually, it will work fine in 3.9.
However, it will break font bolding of installed packages in SqueakMap
Catalog and Monticello browsers.

Travis

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 09:06:25 -0800, Giuseppe Luigi Punzi
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Edgar,
>
> I tried to install Tamaris over Squeak-Dev76 to try it, and I get the
> famous Error EOCD position.
>
> Cheers.
>
> Edgar J. De Cleene escribió:
>>
>> El 2/19/07 11:41 AM, "James Foster" <[hidden email]> escribió:
>>

>>> My attempt to load StarBrowser from SqueakMap into a base 3.9 image
>>> gives an
>>> error in IndentingListItemMorphWithIcon>>drawOn: with the complaint
>>> that the
>>> block variable <icon> duplicates a name already used in the class. Does
>>> anyone have a version of StarBrowser that works with the current image?
>>> Could it be published to SqueakMap?
>>>

>> Give me some time.
>> I working on 3.10, and like to have as many "old friends" as possible,
>> like
>> MathMorphs , MorphicWrappers and Fabrik.
>> I raise StarBrowser on list.
>> As I said, several Ned , Roel and others code exist, and not all have
>> "all
>> nice things".
>>
>> If you wish , could try Tamaris, another really nice tool what works in
>> 3.9,
>> have nice documentation and sure you found help from his owner Alain
>> Plantec
>>
>> Edgar

>> Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
>> Todo lo que querías saber, y lo que ni imaginabas,
>> está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
>> ¡Probalo ya!
>> http://www.yahoo.com.ar/respuestas

Re: KomHttpServer and StarBrowser

Giuseppe Luigi Punzi-2
Is possible it fails because this URL doesn't response?
http://cassoulet.univ-brest.fr:8000/squeak/uploads/Tamaris-2.1f.sar

Travis Kay escribió:

> You can download the Tamaris sar manually, it will work fine in 3.9.
> However, it will break font bolding of installed packages in SqueakMap
> Catalog and Monticello browsers.
>
> Travis
>
> On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 09:06:25 -0800, Giuseppe Luigi Punzi
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi Edgar,
>>
>> I tried to install Tamaris over Squeak-Dev76 to try it, and I get the
>> famous Error EOCD position.
>>
>> Cheers.
>>
>> Edgar J. De Cleene escribió:

>>> Give me some time.
>>> I working on 3.10, and like to have as many "old friends" as
>>> possible, like
>>> MathMorphs , MorphicWrappers and Fabrik.
>>> I raise StarBrowser on list.
>>> As I said, several Ned , Roel and others code exist, and not all
>>> have "all
>>> nice things".
>>>
>>> If you wish , could try Tamaris, another really nice tool what works
>>> in 3.9,
>>> have nice documentation and sure you found help from his owner Alain
>>> Plantec
>>>
>>> Edgar

>>> Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
>>> Todo lo que querías saber, y lo que ni imaginabas,
>>> está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
>>> ¡Probalo ya!
>>> http://www.yahoo.com.ar/respuestas

--
Giuseppe Luigi Punzi - Consultor

       :: ZYO Consulting ::
email: [hidden email]
tlfno: +34 675 145 912
web: http://www.zyoconsulting.com

Re: KomHttpServer and StarBrowser

Travis Kay
Giuseppe,

You'll want the release for 3.9 found here;
http://cassoulet.univ-brest.fr/squeak/tamaris/Tamaris-3c.sar

Travis

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 09:36:10 -0800, Giuseppe Luigi Punzi
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is possible it fails because this URL doesn't response?
> http://cassoulet.univ-brest.fr:8000/squeak/uploads/Tamaris-2.1f.sar
>
> Travis Kay escribió:
>> You can download the Tamaris sar manually, it will work fine in 3.9.
>> However, it will break font bolding of installed packages in SqueakMap
>> Catalog and Monticello browsers.
>>
>> Travis
>>
>> On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 09:06:25 -0800, Giuseppe Luigi Punzi
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Edgar,
>>>
>>> I tried to install Tamaris over Squeak-Dev76 to try it, and I get the
>>> famous Error EOCD position.
>>>
>>> Cheers.

Re: KomHttpServer and StarBrowser

Alain Plantec
On Monday 19 February 2007 18:56, Travis Kay wrote:
> Giuseppe,
>
> You'll want the release for 3.9 found here;
> http://cassoulet.univ-brest.fr/squeak/tamaris/Tamaris-3c.sar
Tamaris is now on SqueakSource:
MCHttpRepository
    location: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/Tamaris'
    user: ''
    password: ''
I've loaded it into a squeak-dev-76 image without any problem.
SqueakMap version is not up to date (it vill point to squeaksource version very soon).
Alain

> Travis
>
> On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 09:36:10 -0800, Giuseppe Luigi Punzi
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Is possible it fails because this URL doesn't response?
> > http://cassoulet.univ-brest.fr:8000/squeak/uploads/Tamaris-2.1f.sar
> >
> > Travis Kay escribió:
> >> You can download the Tamaris sar manually, it will work fine in 3.9.
> >> However, it will break font bolding of installed packages in SqueakMap
> >> Catalog and Monticello browsers.
> >>
> >> Travis

RE: KomHttpServer and StarBrowser

danil osipchuk
I've added adjusted for 3.9 sar to the buttom of SB swiki page http://wiki.squeak.org/squeak/2935 .
Changes are as follows:
  - block var name 'item' has been renamed to the 'theItem' (we are a creative community, is not it? ;) )
  - SMCard has been bulk renamed to the SMPackage (including doSomeCardSomtething:... ).

Because of being lazy, I did changes in the VIM editor - so code timestamps and credentials are left untouched.

regards,
 Danil

James Foster-5 wrote
My attempt to load StarBrowser from SqueakMap into a base 3.9 image gives an
error in IndentingListItemMorphWithIcon>>drawOn: with the complaint that the
block variable <icon> duplicates a name already used in the class. Does
anyone have a version of StarBrowser that works with the current image?
Could it be published to SqueakMap?

Re: KomHttpServer and StarBrowser

Giuseppe Luigi Punzi-2
Thanks, works great.

Could be interesting if shout were used inside Tamaris.