LDAP Authentication

Jay

LDAP Authentication

Jay
Dear All,

Our application written using VW 5i now demands LDAP validation. Does any one know whether this can be achieved?

Note: There is no plans to upgrade to later versions of VW at the moment. So please do not recommend for the same :). I am just posting this query so that if anyone has any alternative solution, i can leverage the same.

Any input on the same would be highly appreicated.

Regards
Jay

Re: LDAP Authentication

Thomas Brodt-2
Hi Jay

we use the LDAP package from the contributed packages that come with
Visualworks. I don't know if it was delivered with 5i, but at least with
7.1 it was part of the distribution. (Maybe it works in 5i, too, or can
be backported to 5i if necessary)
There is also an older LDAP package version in the Cincom public
repository that was created for 5i.3.

HTH
Thomas

Am 28.04.2015 um 10:34 schrieb Jay:

> Dear All,
>
> Our application written using VW 5i now demands LDAP validation. Does any
> one know whether this can be achieved?
>
> Note: There is no plans to upgrade to later versions of VW at the moment. So
> please do not recommend for the same :). I am just posting this query so
> that if anyone has any alternative solution, i can leverage the same.
>
> Any input on the same would be highly appreicated.
>
> Regards
> Jay

Re: LDAP Authentication

Thomas Gagne-3
I just found the parcels and packages for OpenLDAP.  I'm willing to give
them to anyone that may be interested--especially if they will add it to
the public store repo.

I also just discovered I got a mention on VA's LDAP implementation. How
cool is that?  I remember exchanging emails with someone from IBM years
ago about it.  Very generous of them to give me credit.

http://ibm.software.vasmalltalk.narkive.com/kwuqtA6U/ann-ldap-client-for-visualage-smalltalk

Jay

Re: LDAP Authentication

Jay
Hi Thomas,
I could see the package for LDAP in public repository. However, after downloading the same and while trying to load in to 5i image, i am getting the following exception
Unhandled Exception: Message not understood: #scan_component_created
Something to do with the xml format?

Or am i doing something wrong?

Regards
Jay

Re: LDAP Authentication

Thomas Gagne-3
The OpenLDAP package, or another?
Jay

Re: LDAP Authentication

Jay
OpenLDAP - I dont see in public repository. The other one is available