LPF broken

keith1y
If anyone cares, LPF relied upon scripts being in

ftp://ftp.squeak.org/3.11/scripts

so it is well and truly broken

Keith

Re: LPF broken

Ken G. Brown
At 12:32 AM +0000 2/15/10, keith apparently wrote:
>If anyone cares, LPF relied upon scripts being in
>
>ftp://ftp.squeak.org/3.11/scripts
>
>so it is well and truly broken
>
>Keith

Someone has been diddling the ftp://ftp.squeak.org directory structure without due consideration.

/3.11 now seems to symbolically point to /trunk which destroys any access to the previous /3.11 stuff.
Should call trunk stuff something different, not /3.11

Ken G. Brown

Re: LPF broken

Andreas.Raab
Hi Keith -

We have re-arranged the directory structure a bit to reflect the current
realities. http://ftp.squeak.org/3.11 is now a link to
http://ftp.squeak.org/trunk. Its previous contents is still available
under http://ftp.squeak.org/3.11-obsolete. However, to mitigate the
problem I've created another link from trunk/scripts to
3.11-obsolete/scripts so the LPF installer should continue to work.

Cheers,
   - Andreas

keith wrote:
> If anyone cares, LPF relied upon scripts being in
>
> ftp://ftp.squeak.org/3.11/scripts
>
> so it is well and truly broken
>
> Keith

Re: LPF broken

Ken G. Brown
It would have perhaps been better to call trunk something other than 3.11 and leave the existing arrangement alone.

Ken G. Brown

At 7:56 PM -0800 2/14/10, Andreas Raab apparently wrote:

>Hi Keith -
>
>We have re-arranged the directory structure a bit to reflect the current realities. http://ftp.squeak.org/3.11 is now a link to http://ftp.squeak.org/trunk. Its previous contents is still available under http://ftp.squeak.org/3.11-obsolete. However, to mitigate the problem I've created another link from trunk/scripts to 3.11-obsolete/scripts so the LPF installer should continue to work.
>
>Cheers,
>  - Andreas
>
>keith wrote:
>>If anyone cares, LPF relied upon scripts being in
>>
>>ftp://ftp.squeak.org/3.11/scripts
>>
>>so it is well and truly broken
>>
>>Keith

Re: LPF broken

Bert Freudenberg
On 15.02.2010, at 07:59, Ken G. Brown wrote:

> It would have perhaps been better to call trunk something other than 3.11 and leave the existing arrangement alone.
>
> Ken G. Brown

The idea is for trunk to always be the current development version, which is 3.11 right now.

- Bert -