Latest OmniBrowser install script missing?

Latest OmniBrowser install script missing?

Frank Shearar-3
http://map.squeak.org/package/81451b19-7df8-4fc7-8652-b26cc55dd291/autoversion/9
references http://www.wiresong.ca/static/releases/OBInstaller-cwp.11.st
which 404s.

Does the latest OmniBrowser load cleanly into 4.4/4.5? (I'd check
myself, but I'm not in a position to right now.)

frank

Re: Latest OmniBrowser install script missing?

Chris Muller-3
I believe someone had recently asked about this and Colin replied.
Did you try that?  I think I tried it the other day but had some
issues.

Once we get the exact load script figured out, we'll get it documented
in the map.

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 4:50 AM, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:
> http://map.squeak.org/package/81451b19-7df8-4fc7-8652-b26cc55dd291/autoversion/9
> references http://www.wiresong.ca/static/releases/OBInstaller-cwp.11.st
> which 404s.
>
> Does the latest OmniBrowser load cleanly into 4.4/4.5? (I'd check
> myself, but I'm not in a position to right now.)
>
> frank

Re: Latest OmniBrowser install script missing?

Frank Shearar-3
Yes, someone had a problem through "Extending the system". That script
is a bit not right:

(Installer ss project: 'MetacelloRepository') install:
'ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser'.
((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfOmniBrowser) project perform:
#lastVersion) load: #( Dev ).

It should _really_ be

Installer squeakmap
    install: 'OmniBrowser(an actual version number goes here)'

That would let the actual install script live on SM. Ideally said
script would just be an Installer script.

I might as well see if OB loads that way, for the moment.

Oh, and Hannes and Chris Cunnington loaded OB quite happily into 4.4
back in mid December.

But as my reply to Raymond Asselin points out, it _loads_ just fine.
It just doesn't _work_ just fine.

frank

On 28 January 2013 15:49, Chris Muller <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I believe someone had recently asked about this and Colin replied.
> Did you try that?  I think I tried it the other day but had some
> issues.
>
> Once we get the exact load script figured out, we'll get it documented
> in the map.
>

> On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 4:50 AM, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> http://map.squeak.org/package/81451b19-7df8-4fc7-8652-b26cc55dd291/autoversion/9
>> references http://www.wiresong.ca/static/releases/OBInstaller-cwp.11.st
>> which 404s.
>>
>> Does the latest OmniBrowser load cleanly into 4.4/4.5? (I'd check
>> myself, but I'm not in a position to right now.)
>>
>> frank

Re: Latest OmniBrowser install script missing?

Colin Putney-3

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 2:50 AM, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]> wrote:
http://map.squeak.org/package/81451b19-7df8-4fc7-8652-b26cc55dd291/autoversion/9
references http://www.wiresong.ca/static/releases/OBInstaller-cwp.11.st
which 404s.

Whoa. That's ancient. A beta of the first OB from 2005.  I'm not even sure I have that lying around anymore.

Does the latest OmniBrowser load cleanly into 4.4/4.5? (I'd check
myself, but I'm not in a position to right now.)

It does, and it works. But it has dependencies. Raymond was missing OCompletion.

Colin

On 28 January 2013 18:53, Colin Putney <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 2:50 AM, Frank Shearar <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>

>> http://map.squeak.org/package/81451b19-7df8-4fc7-8652-b26cc55dd291/autoversion/9
>> references http://www.wiresong.ca/static/releases/OBInstaller-cwp.11.st
>> which 404s.
>

> Whoa. That's ancient. A beta of the first OB from 2005.  I'm not even sure I
> have that lying around anymore.
>

>> Does the latest OmniBrowser load cleanly into 4.4/4.5? (I'd check
>> myself, but I'm not in a position to right now.)
>

> It does, and it works. But it has dependencies. Raymond was missing
> OCompletion.

OK, cool. That's good news. The solution then is twofold:

* in the next release, strip out the current broken/missing
OmniBrowser load script and replace it with the sm-using one I
mentioned upthread, and
* make a new OmniBrowser SM release for 4.4/4.5

I've added the first step to the 4.5 release program.

frank