classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Launcher Error w Pharo 7

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
I just downloaded Launcher for Mac via the CI. I created a Pharo 7 image and launched it. The following error came up: "Error: External module not found" from libgit2_init. I assume it's because libgit2 is not installed on my system. If that's right, how do I set it up e.g. What's the best way to get it? Does it have to be in a certain location? etc, etc.

Thanks
Cheers,
Sean
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Launcher Error w Pharo 7

Tim Mackinnon
Hi Sean - I know that the vm was upgraded due to new feature requirements of libgit so I'm guessing you don't have the latest vm? I think the one in 6.1 should work currently.

But maybe someone else will kick in.

Tim

Sent from my iPhone

> On 10 Aug 2017, at 23:51, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I just downloaded Launcher for Mac via the CI. I created a Pharo 7 image and
> launched it. The following error came up: "Error: External module not found"
> from libgit2_init. I assume it's because libgit2 is not installed on my
> system. If that's right, how do I set it up e.g. What's the best way to get
> it? Does it have to be in a certain location? etc, etc.
>
> Thanks
>
>
>
> -----
> Cheers,
> Sean
> --
> View this message in context: http://forum.world.st/Launcher-Error-w-Pharo-7-tp4959777.html
> Sent from the Pharo Smalltalk Developers mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
>

Reply | Threaded
|

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Tim Mackinnon wrote
Hi Sean - I know that the vm was upgraded due to new feature requirements of libgit so I'm guessing you don't have the latest vm?
Maybe a Launcher bug then? It put up a progess bar while "downloading Pharo 7 VM" (paraphrased). There is now a Pharo VM in ~/Documents/Pharo/vms/70/Pharo.app which has, in the Plugins folder, a libgit2.dylib which points to ./libgit2.0.25.1.dylib, which I also see exists.
Cheers,
Sean
Reply | Threaded
|

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Sean P. DeNigris wrote
Maybe a Launcher bug then?
I think I found it. It seems to be a bug in the way Launcher/Pharo unzips the downloaded VM. The symlink libgit2.dylib becomes unlinked and appears as just a regular file. If I delete the Pharo.app and unzip 70.zip (which btw maybe should have been deleted during cleanup after the dl) to ./vms/70, the error disappears! FYI I'm headed to the airport and so will not be able to open an issue for this.
Cheers,
Sean