Launcher Opening Tiny Windows

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Check out this screenshot.

The red arrow points to an open "window" of a newly created Pharo 6.0 based image, minimized to the point of barely being visible. Clicking on it makes a title bar somewhat more visible, the edges of which can then be dragged as any other window.

Anyone else seeing this?
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Launcher Opening Tiny Windows

Tim Mackinnon
It's a known problem for any image that was saved in headless mode (not just launcher) - we should find a way to resolve this.

Tim

Sent from my iPhone

> On 20 Aug 2017, at 00:35, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Check out this screenshot.
> <http://forum.world.st/file/n4962615/Screenshot_2017-08-19_19.png>
>
> The red arrow points to an open "window" of a newly created Pharo 6.0 based
> image, minimized to the point of barely being visible. Clicking on it makes
> a title bar somewhat more visible, the edges of which can then be dragged as
> any other window.
>
> Anyone else seeing this?
>

> -----
> Cheers,
> Sean

Re: Launcher Opening Tiny Windows

Stephane Ducasse-3
Yes I experienced this problem too. I have the impression that during
the build the size of the window are messed up.

Stef

On Sun, Aug 20, 2017 at 2:44 AM, Tim Mackinnon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> It's a known problem for any image that was saved in headless mode (not just launcher) - we should find a way to resolve this.
>
> Tim
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On 20 Aug 2017, at 00:35, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Check out this screenshot.
>> <http://forum.world.st/file/n4962615/Screenshot_2017-08-19_19.png>
>>
>> The red arrow points to an open "window" of a newly created Pharo 6.0 based
>> image, minimized to the point of barely being visible. Clicking on it makes
>> a title bar somewhat more visible, the edges of which can then be dragged as
>> any other window.
>>
>> Anyone else seeing this?
>>

>> -----
>> Cheers,
>> Sean

Re: Launcher Opening Tiny Windows

Eliot Miranda-2
Hi,

    I think I have a fix for this.  It'll only work if the image has a non-zero screen size to start with.  But it arranges that if the effective screen size is zero (as it is for headless images) then the VM writes the savedWindowSize (the windows size the image had in the first place) to the snapshot instead of the current zero-extent headless screen size.  This is in commit VMMaker.oscog-eem.2265/4bbcf27fb7aab94beb77e4d517ca414d6766e34d.  Please test and let me know if it works or not.

best, Eliot

Re: Launcher Opening Tiny Windows

Stephane Ducasse-3
Thanks eliot.