Launching a web browser from Squeak?

David Faught
>>John Maloney wrote:
>> Does anyone know how to launch a Web browser from within Squeak?

>Michael Rueger wrote:
>For Sophie we just solved that problem :-)
>Below is  the windows part, hot of the grill.
>The usual disclaimers about exploding CPUs etc apply...

This is nice, but how about rendering the browser within (maybe a Form
in) Squeak, or Croquet??

Re: Launching a web browser from Squeak?

Bert Freudenberg-3

Am 12.05.2006 um 14:49 schrieb David Faught:

>>> John Maloney wrote:
>>> Does anyone know how to launch a Web browser from within Squeak?
>
>> Michael Rueger wrote:
>> For Sophie we just solved that problem :-)
>> Below is  the windows part, hot of the grill.
>> The usual disclaimers about exploding CPUs etc apply...
>
> This is nice, but how about rendering the browser within (maybe a Form
> in) Squeak, or Croquet??

If you can think of a way how to do this *at all*, in any programming
environment, chances are it's possible in Squeak, too.

- Bert -

Re: Launching a web browser from Squeak?

Dean_Swan

Perhaps VNC could offer a solution for this.  Ian has implemented VNC server and client in Squeak.  X is the other possibility.  Doesn't Croquet have a Squeak X Server?

        -Dean

Bert Freudenberg <[hidden email]>
Sent by: [hidden email]

05/12/2006 10:46 AM
Please respond to The general-purpose Squeak developers list

        To:        The general-purpose Squeak developers list <[hidden email]>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Launching a web browser from Squeak?